Camera Mounts and Assorted 3D Printed Parts

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Dannnnn

by Dannnnn

My latest little projects

Specialized SWAT mount for the SeeSense Icon 3 rear light

Ribble Endurance SL headset to Specialized Tarmac SL7 stem adaptor

Also drawn up a new mount for my Exposure Sirius front light that'll go on the SL7 out front mount ImageImage

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

Dannnnn wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 8:08 am

Also drawn up a new mount for my Exposure Sirius front light that'll go on the SL7 out front mount ImageImage

Very nice, what CAD software are you using?

Dannnnn

by Dannnnn

WheresWaldo wrote:
Dannnnn wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 8:08 am

Very nice, what CAD software are you using?
At the moment Inventor '23 (I do it all on my work PC during my lunch breaks etc)

Luckily I also have access to two 3D printers as well at work

johnrho

by johnrho

WheresWaldo wrote:
johnrho wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 2:09 am
[mention]WheresWaldo [/mention] - do you think you can make a RCT715 mount for the Venge junction plate? And do you think it can hold the weight of the cam?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe, but I would need to have a junction plate to find out. Do you know where I could get one?
[mention]WheresWaldo [/mention] - can you use your previous design for the plate/Garmin mount?

https://www.shapeways.com/product/GV43D ... arketplace

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

johnrho wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 6:06 pm
WheresWaldo wrote:
johnrho wrote:
[mention]WheresWaldo [/mention] - do you think you can make a RCT715 mount for the Venge junction plate? And do you think it can hold the weight of the cam?

Maybe, but I would need to have a junction plate to find out. Do you know where I could get one?
[mention]WheresWaldo [/mention] - can you use your previous design for the plate/Garmin mount?

You have one of those bikes on the list? If so, yes. But I will need to see if the design would hold up.

johnrho

by johnrho

WheresWaldo wrote:
johnrho wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 6:06 pm
WheresWaldo wrote:
johnrho wrote:

You have one of those bikes on the list? If so, yes. But I will need to see if the design would hold up.
Yep - 2019 S-Works Venge …I actually have that piece on my bike now lol

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

@johnrho

I have been working on this for a few days now, and I am coming to a dead end. The hatch has to be screwed onto the seat post at the same time the mount has to be screwed onto the adapter. The only way I can think to make it work is to offset the adapter from the hatch door by 8 - 10 mm so you can get a ball head allen key in their after the adapter is mounted to the new door. If you are okay with that then I can continue. Otherwise I am at a standstill, because one screw isn't enough to hold the adapter and new door secure. Note this still requires that you dsisassemble to original RCT715 Mount and reassemble the mount onto the adapter.

bsharp77

by bsharp77

Hi all,
Has there ever been a modified design done for a TCR (2021) rim brake stop to allow the di2 cable to enter through the same port?
It would make things so much cleaner looking, especially when the 2 cables are heatshrinked together.
Somebody did mention taking a dremel to it, but I'd much rather have a custom made perfect fit if possible.
Any help appreciated!

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

bsharp77 wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:38 pm
Hi all,
Has there ever been a modified design done for a TCR (2021) rim brake stop to allow the di2 cable to enter through the same port?
It would make things so much cleaner looking, especially when the 2 cables are heatshrinked together.
Somebody did mention taking a dremel to it, but I'd much rather have a custom made perfect fit if possible.
Any help appreciated!
Hey bsharp, I called my local Giant dealer and it wasn't listed in their B2B as a valid part, but she was going to email the rep and then order one for me, I won't know until Monday if it is available in the US. Once I have it we can discuss how you want it modified. BTW, the part number is 1472-CBLSTP-601

johnrho

by johnrho

WheresWaldo wrote:@johnrho

I have been working on this for a few days now, and I am coming to a dead end. The hatch has to be screwed onto the seat post at the same time the mount has to be screwed onto the adapter. The only way I can think to make it work is to offset the adapter from the hatch door by 8 - 10 mm so you can get a ball head allen key in their after the adapter is mounted to the new door. If you are okay with that then I can continue. Otherwise I am at a standstill, because one screw isn't enough to hold the adapter and new door secure. Note this still requires that you dsisassemble to original RCT715 Mount and reassemble the mount onto the adapter.
Hey [mention]WheresWaldo [/mention] - sorry I thought I responded. Thanks for trying

bsharp77

by bsharp77

WheresWaldo wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:53 pm

Hey bsharp, I called my local Giant dealer and it wasn't listed in their B2B as a valid part, but she was going to email the rep and then order one for me, I won't know until Monday if it is available in the US. Once I have it we can discuss how you want it modified. BTW, the part number is 1472-CBLSTP-601
Thank you Waldo!
Cant wait to see what you can do - would be great to be able to get this sorted and clean that area up properly.

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

johnrho wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:25 pm
WheresWaldo wrote:@johnrho

Hey [mention]WheresWaldo [/mention] - sorry I thought I responded. Thanks for trying

I worked on this more after that post and can not come up with a solution that works. It would be different if the mount was completely self contained, but since I need to attach part of the original mount and then attach it to the bike, the positioning makes it impossible for my feeble brain to work out a solution, sorry.

bsharp77

by bsharp77

Hi Waldo, just checking if you are able to source the little cable port from Giant?
If not I could get one here in the UK and post it to you if needed.

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

bsharp77 wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:36 pm
Hi Waldo, just checking if you are able to source the little cable port from Giant?
If not I could get one here in the UK and post it to you if needed.
I have the part number but the rep for my local Giant dealer hasn't gotten back to them. I think the first re quest fell through the cracks, I should know something by next Monday.

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

@bsharp77

The Giant part is waiting for me at the local dealer, unfortunately I have taken ill and i am restricted to bed rest for the next week+. I will pick it up as soon as I get a chance.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com