2024 Pro thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

jlok
Posts: 2513
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:30 am

by jlok

I support supertuck in race situation and I'd just leave this here... https://road.cc/content/news/cyclist-di ... ogy-308891
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

maquisard
Posts: 3880
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 8:51 pm
Location: France

by maquisard

He is not intelligent for him to think he would not be disqualified.

The UCI and racing rules are all structured so that the decision of the commissaire and race organiser is final. His position, even if technically legal, was not in the spirit of the rules. How can he exclaim surprise at this exclusion?

by Weenie


Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com



Tifosiphil
Posts: 387
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:09 pm

by Tifosiphil

ichobi wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2024 5:16 am
Anyone knows whats the deal with Wiggins bankruptcy? Apparently he owes over 300k gbp to the HM revenue office and more to other parties totaling over a million quid. He doesn’t look like the type of person to lavish or splash and his contract with Sky was never cheap in the first place.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think a combination of bad management personally, and professionally. I worked with him for a couple of years on several different projects and he would frequently not show up for meetings or drop out 5 minutes before. I think he also went through either 4 or 5 different agents in the time I knew him

User avatar
Lelandjt
Posts: 939
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:10 am

by Lelandjt

jlok wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 9:02 am
I support supertuck in race situation and I'd just leave this here... https://road.cc/content/news/cyclist-di ... ogy-308891
I think banning super tuck disadvantages tall riders. To keep up with short riders who are much more aero I have to super tuck.
I also don't think there's any safety issue. There is plenty of room to fit my body below my seat. My body weight isn't supported by the top tube, just merely grazing it. With my 58 or 60cm frames and 120 or 110 stems the weight balance doesn't get so far forward as to make handling feel sketchy. I don't see any safety issue. I super tuck every ride.

User avatar
Lelandjt
Posts: 939
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:10 am

by Lelandjt

Who is this Ineos rider from the Tour de Swiss time trial? His seat is much farther back than I've seen on a pro's bike in a long time.
https://www.facebook.com/share/p/jsouRU ... tid=xfxF2i

zirxo
Posts: 304
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:46 pm

by zirxo

Lelandjt wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:42 am
Who is this Ineos rider from the Tour de Swiss time trial? His seat is much farther back than I've seen on a pro's bike in a long time.
https://www.facebook.com/share/p/jsouRU ... tid=xfxF2i
That's Pidcock.

User avatar
Lelandjt
Posts: 939
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:10 am

by Lelandjt

zirxo wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:08 pm
Lelandjt wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:42 am
Who is this Ineos rider from the Tour de Swiss time trial? His seat is much farther back than I've seen on a pro's bike in a long time.
https://www.facebook.com/share/p/jsouRU ... tid=xfxF2i
That's Pidcock.
That's what I thought, but other photos of him don't have this rearward seat position. I can't imagine why it would be used in an uphill time trial. Maybe it slid back.

stevec1975
Posts: 621
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:37 pm
Location: London

by stevec1975

His seat position has been like that for many years in Ineos, always wondered why, perhaps the pinarello is not perfectly suited to him so he has to accomodate it through sliding the seatback ?!
S-Works SL8 - 6.29Kg/13.86Ib
Cervelo S3 Disc - 6.78Kg/14.94Ib
Scott Addict RC - 6.92Kg/15.25Ib
OnOne - Free Ranger - 8.68Kg/19.1Ib
Scott CR1 - 5.69Kg/12.54Ib

Karvalo
Posts: 3585
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:40 pm

by Karvalo

maquisard wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 9:19 am
He is not intelligent for him to think he would not be disqualified.

The UCI and racing rules are all structured so that the decision of the commissaire and race organiser is final. His position, even if technically legal, was not in the spirit of the rules. How can he exclaim surprise at this exclusion?
Exactly right. He did what Carapaz did in the first Liege after the new rules came in and guess what? Carapaz was DQd. No matter how convinced he is of his technical reading of the letter of the law, he was always gonna get DQd for this, all day every day and there's no excuse for not realising that. Especially with the camera moto right behind him the whole time :oops:


maquisard
Posts: 3880
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 8:51 pm
Location: France

by maquisard

It is impossible to compare eras of the sport. However I would agree that what Pogacar is doing is spectacular. In this era of hyper-specialisation of disciplines it is much more difficult to be the master of everything. This doesn't seem to be stopping Pogacar, he is a very special rider and I think he might be on a trajectory to equal or pass Merckx even if I doubt he will ever win 5 Tour de France.

eins4eins
Posts: 811
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:49 am

by eins4eins

Lelandjt wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:17 pm
zirxo wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:08 pm
Lelandjt wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:42 am
Who is this Ineos rider from the Tour de Swiss time trial? His seat is much farther back than I've seen on a pro's bike in a long time.
https://www.facebook.com/share/p/jsouRU ... tid=xfxF2i
That's Pidcock.
That's what I thought, but other photos of him don't have this rearward seat position. I can't imagine why it would be used in an uphill time trial. Maybe it slid back.
Its his usual set up. I wondered about this when i saw his cx bike. There are some other road pros with similar setback. Nils Politt for example.

Image
Image

BenSiskri
Posts: 265
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:00 am

by BenSiskri

maquisard wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:44 pm
In this era of hyper-specialisation of disciplines it is much more difficult to be the master of everything. This doesn't seem to be stopping Pogacar, he is a very special rider and I think he might be on a trajectory to equal or pass Merckx even if I doubt he will ever win 5 Tour de France.
As good as he is, I think he's the best 'all round' road cyclist - but I don't recall him mixing any other disciplines at a high level. A Christmas CX race in Slovenia doesn't really count......


In other news, another win for PFP in the MTB World Cup, and Nino gets his 36th XCO World Cup win........now second in the Overall, and you wouldn't put it past him to win another World Cup Overall title.
Trek Crockett 4
Giant TCR Advanced 3

spud
Posts: 1313
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:52 am

by spud

Tifosiphil wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 9:32 am
ichobi wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2024 5:16 am
Anyone knows whats the deal with Wiggins bankruptcy? Apparently he owes over 300k gbp to the HM revenue office and more to other parties totaling over a million quid. He doesn’t look like the type of person to lavish or splash and his contract with Sky was never cheap in the first place.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think a combination of bad management personally, and professionally. I worked with him for a couple of years on several different projects and he would frequently not show up for meetings or drop out 5 minutes before. I think he also went through either 4 or 5 different agents in the time I knew him
That kind of behavior made it super easy for "advisors" to take advantage of him. Seems like he has some self destructive tendencies.

justkeepedaling
Posts: 1719
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:14 am

by justkeepedaling

maquisard wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:44 pm
It is impossible to compare eras of the sport. However I would agree that what Pogacar is doing is spectacular. In this era of hyper-specialisation of disciplines it is much more difficult to be the master of everything. This doesn't seem to be stopping Pogacar, he is a very special rider and I think he might be on a trajectory to equal or pass Merckx even if I doubt he will ever win 5 Tour de France.
You see Pog getting the hour record? I don't

by Weenie


Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com



Post Reply