When did you last crash?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

JMeinholdt

by JMeinholdt

Last "crash" for me was in Belgian Waffle Ride Kansas 2022. Navigating a gravel bike in rocky trails ended up with a slow speed over the bars situation when my front wheel hit a large boulder.

Before that I low sided on a gravel ride right hand turn. After that I decided I'd no longer ride gravel without some level of shoulder tread on my tires.
Wilier Cento10AIR - SRAM Force AXS - Road/race
3T Exploro - SRAM Rival AXS XPLR - Gravel
Wilier Sestiere - Shimano Tiagra - Commuter

YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/@JMCyclingVideos

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

petje891

by petje891

My last crash was on my own, february 2023. Temperatures were around 0°, light rain, but the roads were not frozen or anything. Just when I was furthest from home, went over a bridge with a corner just behind it. You guess what happened, front wheel slipped away...

My ankle was bleeding, shoe broken, but the bike was ok fortunately. Only had to ride 75k back home... fml
Giant TCR Advanced 2021 - 6.8 kg

robinbatman

by robinbatman

A few years ago
But last year almost died, bc of a stupid driver, who overtook another one on speed bumpers
and came right into my lane , almost died , had to go in the ditch at 50km , didn't fall,

folded his mirror with my front arm, wich hurt
she then fleed the scene, but i had the car type model color, a visual distinctive object under the center mirror, and the beginning of the immatriculation plate
found her back 5km down the road

she was called by the police and asked to come in to explain herself , was given a slap on the fingers that's it
if you arent seriously injured or dead, nothing we can do say the sorry police man who had a collegue commuting by bike at 6AM killed by a car that was never found

yeah belgium cycling country lol
especially wallonia

PinaRene

by PinaRene

3 weeks ago with skiing in France .. 4 broken ribs and a little dent in my ego.🤨

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

crashed on the road that put these large silly reflective domes near a construction site. i hit it and fall over and did t see them as they were new to me

T65

by T65

August 2022, group ride ending in a town sign sprint. Wheels touching and hit the deck hard. Helmet destroyed, collar bone and 8 ribs fractured. Pelvis fractured in multiple points. I ended up in the opposite lane and fortunately that black BMW driver saw it coming.. I've recovered well without the need for surgery or even physiotherapy. Just a shoulder an inch narrower but the biggest change is in how I'm riding today. Took a long while to be comfortable on the road again and in any circumstance taking way less risks knowing how easy it is to break body parts. Now I enter into competition with others only on the climbs, but the descents have become a lot slower.