2024 Pro thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

eins4eins

by eins4eins

Wow, that crash took out a lot of big guns. Pedersen, Stuyven, Girmay, WvA...WvAs chance for a successful spring campaign probably out the window :(

maquisard

by maquisard

Really sad. It looks bad enough to end his spring campaign and build up to Giro. I expect it means we will see WvA in the TdF instead of the Giro? This is not his year really.

Flanders and Roubaix might be very boring now.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

Really can't believe his luck. It'll all be on Jorgenson now. What a dream signing

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

WVA.. collerbone.. bummer man
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

maquisard

by maquisard

justkeepedaling wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:48 pm
Really can't believe his luck. It'll all be on Jorgenson now. What a dream signing
Jorgenson seems like he is in an amazing form at the moment. Perhaps this is his Vingegaard moment when the support rider becomes the leader. I could see Jorgenson winning a classic this year.

LeDuke

by LeDuke

maquisard wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:57 pm
justkeepedaling wrote:
Jorgenson seems like he is in an amazing form at the moment. Perhaps this is his Vingegaard moment when the support rider becomes the leader. I could see Jorgenson winning a classic this year.
I do wonder how good Jorgenson would be today if he hadn't spent the previous four years of his career at Movistar.

Ronin416

by Ronin416

LeDuke wrote:
maquisard wrote:
justkeepedaling wrote:
I do wonder how good Jorgenson would be today if he hadn't spent the previous four years of his career at Movistar.
Good point, but glad he’s there now! I think this latest crop of American riders have been the most promising in years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TriJoeri

by TriJoeri

LeDuke wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:48 am
maquisard wrote:
justkeepedaling wrote:
Time to drag Will Barta away from there as well? Still showed some promise with that breakaway win earlier this year in Valencia.

Sjoerd

by Sjoerd

spdntrxi wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:29 pm
And 7 ribs...and his breast bone :shock:

LOWIEV

by LOWIEV

Sjoerd wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:37 am
spdntrxi wrote:
Very very sad for all involved.
Really feel sorry for WVA, he has had loads of bad luck the last few years.
And also with Stuyven out and Pedersen road rashed, RVV is kinda decapitaded...

robeambro

by robeambro

LeDuke wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:48 am
maquisard wrote:
justkeepedaling wrote:
He's a driven, performance-oriented rider who took it upon himself to improve, so I think he might not have left too much on the table (and in fact, his talent was eventually spotted). I hope that Lazkano makes a similar move as soon as possible.

Other than Jorgenson, I worry about other young talented riders who may rely much more on Movistar's training / diet / general performance techniques - but then again, isn't that the case for many riders who ride for smaller teams..

Karvalo

by Karvalo

Sjoerd wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:37 am
spdntrxi wrote:
That'll keep you awake at night :unbelievable:

spokenwords

by spokenwords

Terrible few days. Now, Arnaud De Lie is diagnosed with Lyme Disease. I hope the treatment has improved enough that he can be back to 100% this season.
"Notice how the door closes when the chimes of freedom ring." Joe Strummer
"this goes to 11" Nigel Tufnel
Dont move to Austin
Major Taylor rules.

Karvalo

by Karvalo

Is there any info on how the QS team car / medical car crash happened? Photos of the wreckage looks like they we must have going rather rapidly at the time...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jdecraene85

by jdecraene85

Karvalo wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:05 pm
Is there any info on how the QS team car / medical car crash happened? Photos of the wreckage looks like they we must have going rather rapidly at the time...
I passed by the place of the accident during my lunch brake today (I live two streets from the place).
Going from how the place looks right now, it looks to me like the car did the same type of crash that killed Bjorg Lambrecht, but in a car (sorry, easiest way to describe for me in another language...)