Vacation

Traveling with a bike. Bike Box reviews. Bike travel hacks. Organized Bike Events, Gran Fondos, and Cycling Destinations. Self-Promotion of upcoming events welcome.

Moderator: robbosmans

clarkywils

by clarkywils

I am planning to go to Mexico on our forth Anniversary. It will be mainly winter beach vacation. Knwoing how health consicous she is, she will definitely won't stop riding. How safe is to ride in Mexico early in morning. Where are the great spots to ride in early January that are also nice and close to beach? Btw any recommendation about places to visit to also aprreciated.

Juanmoretime
Administrator

by Juanmoretime

Can't recommend safe places to bike since I usually run while there. I took a bike with once to where my wife is from, Mexico. She was from a small town in Durango in the middle of nowhere. Found many places too comeercial there. Tulum is awesome and we had lodging in a house in the jungle. When you go to the beach bathing suits are optional.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Juan, welcome back!
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

maxim809
Administrator

by maxim809

Moving to bike travel board and leaving shadow. :)

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Juanmoretime wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:34 pm
When you go to the beach bathing suits are optional.
In that case, are beach sombreros required?

diecast

by diecast

Perhaps you've seen them, but Phil Gaiman has a few videos on YouTube about cycling in Mexico. I believe he has a place there.

clarkywils

by clarkywils

diecast wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:32 pm
Perhaps you've seen them, but Phil Gaiman has a few videos on YouTube about cycling in Mexico. I believe he has a place there.
Yeah I have just watched his video, got a clear picture from that.

clarkywils

by clarkywils

Juanmoretime wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:34 pm
Can't recommend safe places to bike since I usually run while there. I took a bike with once to where my wife is from, Mexico. She was from a small town in Durango in the middle of nowhere. Found many places too comeercial there. Tulum is awesome and we had lodging in a house in the jungle. When you go to the beach bathing suits are optional.
You had lodging in Tulum? Can you name the place please? I would love to check out.

Juanmoretime
Administrator

by Juanmoretime

[quote=clarkywils post_id=1843215 time=1703152284 user_id=152364]
[quote=Juanmoretime post_id=1841939 time=1702470882 user_id=912]
[/quote]

You had lodging in Tulum? Can you name the place please? I would love to check out.
[/quote]

Need to check with my son in law since he booked it. Will send you a PM as soon as I find out.

clarkywils

by clarkywils

Juan, I have got a guide from here https://gowithguide.com/mexico/guides He is arranging everything for us. We will be going there on 9th. Both of us are pretty excited.

Juanmoretime
Administrator

by Juanmoretime

[quote=clarkywils post_id=1844650 time=1704172805 user_id=152364]
Juan, I have got a guide from here https://gowithguide.com/mexico/guides He is arranging everything for us. We will be going there on 9th. Both of us are pretty excited.
[/quote]

Sorry about the delay. It looks like you have it covered. Enjoy your time there.

Once your retired life gets even busier. I know from experience!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com