Rule 28 Suits

Kit Brand Talk. Everything under the sun, including sunnies!
BikeTyson

by BikeTyson

Rule 28 is having a Black Friday sale and I'm curious what experience people have had with their kit. I'm looking at their SS road suit and possibly their Neo suit. Still unsure on their weird base layer bra thing but would consider picking one up on sale. Anybody use their stuff and can give a review?

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

BikeTyson wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:03 pm
Rule 28 is having a Black Friday sale and I'm curious what experience people have had with their kit. I'm looking at their SS road suit and possibly their Neo suit. Still unsure on their weird base layer bra thing but would consider picking one up on sale. Anybody use their stuff and can give a review?

Different speedsuits work for different people. The only way to know for sure is to get in a wind tunnel, go to a velodrome with the Garmin Track Aero System, do some Chung method testing, etc. with as many as you can get your hands on. Unless you are doing UCI racing, instead of an aero baselayer you could probably just get a non-UCI compliant speedsuit with deeply textured sleeves.

The aero baselayers work, but only in conjunction with certain kit, and only in the 45-50kph range. Rule28’s aero baselayer works best with its speedsuit while Huub’s works best with its own…who would have thought? The Rule28 aero base layer fits really small and the sleeves are pretty long with a weirdly stitched cuff. The Huub version has silicone grippers and noticeably shorter sleeves. It also fits me a little better.

Rule28 also makes a >50kph baselayer…

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rowdyyy

by rowdyyy

I own the Road Race 2.0, aside from the wierd pockets it's a great fitting and comfortable piece of kit. Definitly feels fast and is of high quality. I'd say you can't go wrong for the price right now.

BikeTyson

by BikeTyson

rowdyyy wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:02 am
I own the Road Race 2.0, aside from the wierd pockets it's a great fitting and comfortable piece of kit. Definitly feels fast and is of high quality. I'd say you can't go wrong for the price right now.
Is their sizing chart pretty accurate? Height-wise I'm an XL but weight is a M. It says use weight as the deciding factor I'm just wondering if it'll be too tight because I'm tall.

And what do you mean by weird pockets?

rowdyyy

by rowdyyy

The Race Suite has two horizontal aligned pockets. They are not very deep, for example, my iPhone just about fits vertically.

Personally I'm wearing a size XL (1,92m and about 85 kg) and it is a good fit. Not extremely tight like a TT suit but no wrinkles. Definitely made for longer races (3-4h).