*Weight Weenies kit 2024 *

Kit Brand Talk. Everything under the sun, including sunnies!
HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

MrCurrieinahurry wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 2:55 pm
we have nailed it down to No Pinz. They met all the criteria were looking for offering a wide range of styles for various disciplines from hyper fast skinsuits all the way to some casual off the bike pieces and accessories.
But how much do they weigh?

This is WW, not FW. First and foremost, WW clothing should be LIGHT. Especially that clothing which advertises its wearer as a WW.

The point of WW should be saving weight, not just violating UCI rules. If you can manage to get your bike below 6.8, and are subject to UCI rules, the most important weight to save is that not counted in the 6.8, such as clothing, shoes, cleats (and helmet if you don't care too much about your noggin).

Of course, for FW, the most important criterion is whether the kit matches their bar tape and saddle.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

the jackel

by the jackel

I'd suggest a jersey that works with plain black or blue shorts. By 'works' I mean as if they were designed to be together. My club/team use No Pinz and nobody likes the shorts. Disappointing pad and just generally not great quality.

As for the colours I'd plead with you to avoid the pink/blue combo on page 2. I see a version of this combo literally everywhere during the summer. I feel a weight weenie kit should be unusual/different/rare but still stylish, a little like we are within the cycling community.

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Interesting.. some of my club mates got no pinz suits made up for racing as le col didn't do them.
All very happy with them including a 12hr TT in one

Basso Diamante rim Campagnolo EPS 12 Bora WTO 60's

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

RDY

by RDY

the jackel wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:44 pm
I'd suggest a jersey that works with plain black or blue shorts. By 'works' I mean as if they were designed to be together. My club/team use No Pinz and nobody likes the shorts. Disappointing pad and just generally not great quality.

As for the colours I'd plead with you to avoid the pink/blue combo on page 2. I see a version of this combo literally everywhere during the summer. I feel a weight weenie kit should be unusual/different/rare but still stylish, a little like we are within the cycling community.
People like blue and neon pink ... the jersey will certainly be rare if it's not a popular color scheme.

mendiz

by mendiz

When the Weight Weenie jersey sells? and where to buy? It is not designed yet?
You don´t stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding.

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

No it's not yet very much a work In progress.. looks like we will go with no pinz as you can open a club shop on their page and people can order items directly from them worldwide

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

1sanglier

by 1sanglier

MrCurrieinahurry wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:01 pm
No it's not yet very much a work In progress.. looks like we will go with no pinz as you can open a club shop on their page and people can order items directly from them worldwide Image

Cool :thumbup:
Thanks

CAAD8FRED

by CAAD8FRED

It would be cute if the ant made an appearance somewhere

aeroskii

by aeroskii

HammerTime2 wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:21 pm
MrCurrieinahurry wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 2:55 pm
we have nailed it down to No Pinz. They met all the criteria were looking for offering a wide range of styles for various disciplines from hyper fast skinsuits all the way to some casual off the bike pieces and accessories.
But how much do they weigh?

This is WW, not FW. First and foremost, WW clothing should be LIGHT. Especially that clothing which advertises its wearer as a WW.

The point of WW should be saving weight, not just violating UCI rules. If you can manage to get your bike below 6.8, and are subject to UCI rules, the most important weight to save is that not counted in the 6.8, such as clothing, shoes, cleats (and helmet if you don't care too much about your noggin).

Of course, for FW, the most important criterion is whether the kit matches their bar tape and saddle.
whats the cost for a nopinz roadsuit the pro-1?

SEDK

by SEDK

Really glad to hear there might be a new kit initiative. I still have mine from the round 10-something years ago although it’s starting to be worn and the bibs are long goneImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk