Bib help needed. anything decent for around 100e?

Kit Brand Talk. Everything under the sun, including sunnies!
wilwil

by wilwil

Try Red White Bibs. That's all they make and they are comfortable. Very good customer service too.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fatpinarellorider

by fatpinarellorider

https://www.abcbikes.com.au/products/as ... bib-knicks
Size XS only, sale Assos.
< €100 (without shipping)

ArtV

by ArtV

tireheb wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:19 pm
hello people! thanks for all the input, i digging through all. by the way in 53kg 165cm, usually i try to go with XS. this sometimes gets weird, for instance somebrands like castelli sometimes dont even put XS info in their sizing charts. and a lot of times its not available in stock.
in the past i used some cheap stuff from alixpress, and in those chinese sizes im S, cause their XS is extremly small.

anyway i was thinking on quoting post by post but i think it wont be so good for anyone.
i just found some bioracer icon on rebate (ok, they are ineos team ones, and of course i would preffer plain black but for 44e its super cheap.)
so im going with one of those. this on their official site if anyone is interested.

Odlo seems nice but couldnt find XS size. i will wait for black friday to buy 2 more pairs, not sure what yet. In merlin cycles the castelli aero rc is half price thinking on getting one. has anyone tested them vs the competizione?

checking Virklon also. interesting.

again million thanks for all the info
We are similar in size and I have had very good luck with Gorewear. You might find some in their outlet that fit your price range and the small form fit jerseys are great. While Assos bibs are good, their jersey size is just off for me. The small is WAY to tight around the shoulder/chest area and while the medium fits in the shoulders, it hangs down too low in the rear (even on the bike). For the price the XS Neopro which were already mentiod are pretty good (small jerseys are decent as well). If you find DHB Aeron on sale you may want to try them also (XS bibs and sm jersey). The regular DHB (non-Aeron) didn't work out so well size wise. The Pearl Izumi I have are good but they stopped making XS but if you search around you may find them on clearance at a goof price.

LanceLegstrong

by LanceLegstrong

gorkypl wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:21 am
Worth waiting for promos for sure. La Passione is definitely a very good price/performance brand, especially when on sale.
I second this. They have sales fairly frequently and have become my favorite kit. Really good stuff across the board.
Specialized Tarmac SL7
Specialized Crux
Velobuild 168
Trek Checkpoint ALR

tireheb

by tireheb

ArtV wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:05 pm
We are similar in size and I have had very good luck with Gorewear. You might find some in their outlet that fit your price range and the small form fit jerseys are great. While Assos bibs are good, their jersey size is just off for me. The small is WAY to tight around the shoulder/chest area and while the medium fits in the shoulders, it hangs down too low in the rear (even on the bike). For the price the XS Neopro which were already mentiod are pretty good (small jerseys are decent as well). If you find DHB Aeron on sale you may want to try them also (XS bibs and sm jersey). The regular DHB (non-Aeron) didn't work out so well size wise. The Pearl Izumi I have are good but they stopped making XS but if you search around you may find them on clearance at a goof price.
When you gought Gorewear did a size XS exist? cause im in their website and only see S as their smaller size. and its for a 81 inseam person, so they shouldn fit me (im 77).

also bioracer bibs arrived. and they fit great except in the frontal part. the pad just seems to be too long or maybe too thick(the padding), so it ends up doing a bump in the front. feels like it has extra material all around that area. i can post pics but they dont do too much justice. i think maybe riding them and washing them could help it a bit , but i guess ill just return em., sad cause the rest of the bib fits really good and the padding looks nice.

the quest continues.
bio3.jpg
bio2.jpg

MichaelB

by MichaelB

wilwil wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:13 pm
Try Red White Bibs. That's all they make and they are comfortable. Very good customer service too.
+1

ArtV

by ArtV

tireheb wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:08 pm
ArtV wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:05 pm
When you gought Gorewear did a size XS exist? cause im in their website and only see S as their smaller size. and its for a 81 inseam person, so they shouldn fit me (im 77).

also bioracer bibs arrived. and they fit great except in the frontal part. the pad just seems to be too long or maybe too thick(the padding), so it ends up doing a bump in the front. feels like it has extra material all around that area. i can post pics but they dont do too much justice. i think maybe riding them and washing them could help it a bit , but i guess ill just return em., sad cause the rest of the bib fits really good and the padding looks nice.

the quest continues.
bio3.jpg
bio2.jpg
I think XS in the US is S in Europe? The XS (US) fits great!

jcrr

by jcrr

Try Morvelo, particularly if you find it on sale. Pretty damn good in the XS-S size range, IMHO.
"If it ain't broken, it could be lighter"

wooger

by wooger

Castelli bibs can be had at steep discounts from 40 GBP to 100GBP on https://www.sportpursuit.com/ - You have to register to shop there, but it's free.

That spans the full range of (maybe last season's) Castelli bibs and bib tights, and both of the pads they use are spectacularly good to me.

I see no reason to ever shop around for cheaper brands at this point as they're just so nice and cost less than even Decathlon's higher end stuff.