Le Col thread

Kit Brand Talk. Everything under the sun, including sunnies!
Kumppa

by Kumppa

BianchiDave wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:44 pm
I've contacted their customer service a few times, including yesterday about a code issue, and the staff are always quick to respond and super helpful. I'd definitely contact them about those seams.
Thanks for your advice. Sent those pictures to Le Col and after giving them production code they told me to keep the old ones as a spare and sent me a new model of Hors bibshorts. Looks like they really stand behind their products and take care if there is a problem with quality.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BianchiDave

by BianchiDave

Kumppa wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:36 pm
BianchiDave wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:44 pm
I've contacted their customer service a few times, including yesterday about a code issue, and the staff are always quick to respond and super helpful. I'd definitely contact them about those seams.
Thanks for your advice. Sent those pictures to Le Col and after giving them production code they told me to keep the old ones as a spare and sent me a new model of Hors bibshorts. Looks like they really stand behind their products and take care if there is a problem with quality.
Great stuff - I can honestly say they have some of the best customer care I've ever experienced 8)

Ravix

by Ravix

Kumppa wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:36 pm
I had the very same experience with a LS jersey which had issues with the stitching coming apart after one or two rides at the sleeve hem. Contacted CS, gave them the production code and sent a couple of pics to which they promptly responded the same way as in your case, said to keep the old one as spare and sent me a new one. Even asked me if I wanted the same color or want to pick a different one!
No issues with the new one they sent me, so while hiccups in quality happens they seem to be quick about making it right by the customer as any company which stands behind their products should!
Fit is way better for me compared to other brands also.

Kingstonian

by Kingstonian

That's great customer service. Of course you wouldn't want to have had the problem in the first place, but kudos to them for dealing with it so smoothly.

RadB

by RadB

Bought a pair of "pro" bibs in plain black with the Strava code discount, as they are quite pricey undiscounted. I've ridden with them twice. Fit wise, they are long in the leg and a bit narrow, but my main observation was how cheap they felt, from construction through to the material. Safe to say that was my first and last le col purchase.

Roadbiker10

by Roadbiker10

RadB wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:13 am
Bought a pair of "pro" bibs in plain black with the Strava code discount, as they are quite pricey undiscounted. I've ridden with them twice. Fit wise, they are long in the leg and a bit narrow, but my main observation was how cheap they felt, from construction through to the material. Safe to say that was my first and last le col purchase.
I don't understand in what way they "feel" cheap. They don't have the best looking stitching inside but I have several pairs including an indoor pair with extra ventilation which have been a godsend. Assos have similar ones but they are a ridiculous price. I have abused the hell out of them as I pretty much only use them on the trainer and I don't see any stitching coming loose and not much sign of wear. I don't see any difference compared to Rapha, Castelli or Assos which I all have. All of those are good. My Assos XC bibs have lost some color though where the pad meets the saddle after not much use.

I just got a pair of Assos RSR S9 and they have been the most expensive and worst bibs I got. There are some positives but they are very uncomfortable, they ride up like no other bibs I have. The grippers don't grip well so they get all wrinkled on the inside which can't be good for aero. They cost a ton and I don't see why the material would be any better than on LeCol. The Mille GTS C2 have been great though.

Other then that. You can always get LeCol clothing at great prices with Strava codes, especially when there is a sale, you can still use a code on top of that. Which you can't do with other brands, like Maap for example.

I have gotten some incredible deals on LeCol so far, which other top brands don't come close to. On top of that, they have amazing customer service. So does Rapha though.
Scott Addict RC 20 2021
Ridley Kanzo Adventure 2022

Roadbiker10

by Roadbiker10

Is this a new LeCol speedsuit? I could have got one for 160 euros when they were on sale but didn't like the Mclaren colors. I hope they release the new one in better colors.
786746CE-4020-4F73-BC57-01E04905EDAE.jpeg
Scott Addict RC 20 2021

RadB

by RadB

They feel cheap because they've been made cheap with cheap materials. I understand let col is a bit cultist, and nobody is allowed to post anything less than perfect reviews, believe me I tried.

Here let's compare between Castelli free aero that have been worn 30-50 times and pro bibs now worn a grand total of four times. Castell: quality in stitching and panel shape, different fabrics. Bibs have structure. Chamois, 8/10 for my length rides. Leg grippers 6/10 and can ride up. Le col: poor stitching, low quality stretchy Lycra for a more sympathetic fit, feels like a cheap sports shop "my first Lycra pants". Chamois 8/10. Leg grippers 9/10, maybe too grippy. Overall, Castelli ftw and same price when both are on special. YMMV.
Roadbiker10 wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:21 pm
RadB wrote:
I don't understand in what way they "feel" cheap. They don't have the best looking stitching inside but I have several pairs including an indoor pair with extra ventilation which have been a godsend. Assos have similar ones but they are a ridiculous price. I have abused the hell out of them as I pretty much only use them on the trainer and I don't see any stitching coming loose and not much sign of wear. I don't see any difference compared to Rapha, Castelli or Assos which I all have. All of those are good. My Assos XC bibs have lost some color though where the pad meets the saddle after not much use.

I just got a pair of Assos RSR S9 and they have been the most expensive and worst bibs I got. There are some positives but they are very uncomfortable, they ride up like no other bibs I have. The grippers don't grip well so they get all wrinkled on the inside which can't be good for aero. They cost a ton and I don't see why the material would be any better than on LeCol. The Mille GTS C2 have been great though.

Other then that. You can always get LeCol clothing at great prices with Strava codes, especially when there is a sale, you can still use a code on top of that. Which you can't do with other brands, like Maap for example.

I have gotten some incredible deals on LeCol so far, which other top brands don't come close to. On top of that, they have amazing customer service. So does Rapha though.
Attachments
PXL_20220704_103553473.jpg
PXL_20220704_103528268.jpg
PXL_20220704_103507195.jpg
PXL_20220704_103447487.jpg

Roadbiker10

by Roadbiker10

RadB wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:45 am
They feel cheap because they've been made cheap with cheap materials. I understand let col is a bit cultist, and nobody is allowed to post anything less than perfect reviews, believe me I tried.

Here let's compare between Castelli free aero that have been worn 30-50 times and pro bibs now worn a grand total of four times. Castell: quality in stitching and panel shape, different fabrics. Bibs have structure. Chamois, 8/10 for my length rides. Leg grippers 6/10 and can ride up. Le col: poor stitching, low quality stretchy Lycra for a more sympathetic fit, feels like a cheap sports shop "my first Lycra pants". Chamois 8/10. Leg grippers 9/10, maybe too grippy. Overall, Castelli ftw and same price when both are on special. YMMV.
Roadbiker10 wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:21 pm
RadB wrote:

I'm not a LeCol cultist.🙂 I have Assos, Rapha, Castelli apparel that I love. Although I tend to lean towards the brand which gets me the most for my money.

I'm just thinking(based on my experience) that the nocebo effect could be affecting some peoples view on the brand. I've heard several times people saying that Strava codes and discounts in fact make them a cheap brand so they are not premium like the others who don't offer these kind of discounts. That's just speculation, not saying it is necessarily so.

You offer valid complaints though and I agree with some of them. They don't have the best stitching. But in my experience, that has not been affecting performance. I can tell you that my indoor bibs have been used more than 50 times with no issues. I have three pairs of the Pro bibs including the indoor ones. I paid 60 euros a piece for them. If you pay attention and know when to buy, you can get incredible deals.

Regarding materials. I really don't see it. They could be a little tighter as Pro bibs but the fact that they are staying in place will benefit you aerodynamically while the RSR ride up and get wrinkled. I paid 4 times the price of LeCol for them. Pads are personal. My favorite is the Proggeto. Assos and LeCol have better pads than Rapha imo.

That's not even taking in to account all the other great garments I got for a good price. Like the Aquazero jersey. Hors categorie jerseys and aero ones. I never paid more than 80 euros for any garment other than the Mclaren LS jersey.

Le Col colors leave a lot to be desired though, Rapha is far superior in that area. Castelli is the worst in terms of design, they put too much text and logos everywhere. Assos jerseys are not my taste whatsoever.

So yeah. In terms of what you get for your money, if you're smart. I don't see how you can beat LeCol.
Scott Addict RC 20 2021

micky

by micky

My local team got an order of summer kits made by Le Col.
I had tried Le Col in the past with some Wiggins team stuff and the quality was soso.
This time around I must say, especially for the bibs, the products still has a lot to improve.
I could not see myself buying this sort of bib compared to other brands.
I've been told this would be the same model as the one used by Bora, but bibs feels very cheap with no special fabric or anything worth the money.
Jersey is ok and my only complain is the central pocket being so small it can't fit my phone and I end up using it only at races.

Tifosiphil

by Tifosiphil

micky wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:30 am
My local team got an order of summer kits made by Le Col.
I had tried Le Col in the past with some Wiggins team stuff and the quality was soso.
This time around I must say, especially for the bibs, the products still has a lot to improve.
I could not see myself buying this sort of bib compared to other brands.
I've been told this would be the same model as the one used by Bora, but bibs feels very cheap with no special fabric or anything worth the money.
Jersey is ok and my only complain is the central pocket being so small it can't fit my phone and I end up using it only at races.
What phone have you got? My club also uses the Le Col custom range and it fits an Iphone 13 with a case in the central pocket?

CoffeeNdonuts

by CoffeeNdonuts

Same here gave Le Col a try using their Strava code. Ended up returning everything even though it was a super deal.

Their customer service is great, but the quality and fit is horrible.

For me the inseam length was way too long to the point that it was uncomfortable (tried three different sizes) and the shoulder straps were massively long. Fit was all over the place.
Quality as many other have pointed out just felt below average.

For the money there are so many other brands that are just better.

TimW

by TimW

Got bibs, don't really like them. Legs are too long causing discomfort behind knees. Stitching came undone on one leg.

The turbo jersey I have (wahoo collab) is great.

There are better brands for me.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

micky

by micky

Tifosiphil wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:49 am

What phone have you got? My club also uses the Le Col custom range and it fits an Iphone 13 with a case in the central pocket?
Iphone X which I use with a Bellroy phone wallet and a good 1/3 stick dangerously out of the pocket.