Any skinny cyclists wearing Ornot clothing?

Kit Brand Talk. Everything under the sun, including sunnies!
sib

by sib

Hi!
Looking for handlebar bags, I found the Ornot website, and I like the look of their clothing range.

But, I'm pretty skinny at 178cm/59kg.
I'm worried that an S-size top would be a good fit on the bike, but expose my belly button off the bike;
and that an M-size may keep my belly button well hidden off the bike, but be a little loose on the bike.

Can any skinny riders comment on their clothing (tops and bottoms), but especially the sizing of their short-sleeve jerseys?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tanghy

by tanghy

Their sizing is pretty small, the XS for my wife was way too short compared to other brands

sib

by sib

@tanghy
Thanks for the reply - some more information would be extremely helpful!

How tall is your wife, and how much does she weigh?
When you say "too short" - you mean the width was good, but it was too short at the front? Or..??

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

sib wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:47 am
Hi!
Looking for handlebar bags, I found the Ornot website, and I like the look of their clothing range.

But, I'm pretty skinny at 178cm/59kg.
I'm worried that an S-size top would be a good fit on the bike, but expose my belly button off the bike;
and that an M-size may keep my belly button well hidden off the bike, but be a little loose on the bike.

Can any skinny riders comment on their clothing (tops and bottoms), but especially the sizing of their short-sleeve jerseys?

I am the same height and normally around your weight, but also have a long torso. I have not had an issue with Ornot exposing my belly button when standing up, not more than other kits. You definitely want to stick with size small in both jersey and bibs.

sib

by sib

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:11 am
You definitely want to stick with size small in both jersey and bibs.
Thanks for the feedback!

How do you find the Ornot stuff compared to your other kit?
Is the chamois comfortable? Is the fabric good quality and nice to the touch? Has it held up well over time, etc.?

Are there any other manufacturers you prefer in a similar price range (with separate, non-one-piece tops and bottoms)?

tanghy

by tanghy

sib wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:09 am
@tanghy
Thanks for the reply - some more information would be extremely helpful!

How tall is your wife, and how much does she weigh?
When you say "too short" - you mean the width was good, but it was too short at the front? Or..??
She’s 167cm, normal torso. Wears XS in velocio, la passione
W the XS ornot, it barely covers the belly when standing up. Maybe the men’s cut are slightly longer.. :noidea:

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

sib wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:22 am
TobinHatesYou wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:11 am
You definitely want to stick with size small in both jersey and bibs.
Thanks for the feedback!

How do you find the Ornot stuff compared to your other kit?
Is the chamois comfortable? Is the fabric good quality and nice to the touch? Has it held up well over time, etc.?

Are there any other manufacturers you prefer in a similar price range (with separate, non-one-piece tops and bottoms)?

The "House" jerseys are good everyday go-fast kit. They don't have all the fancy bits like 3D mesh panels, reduced panels, seamless cuffs, etc. but they're really not meant to compete with race kit. The chamois looks to be a pretty standard Elastic Interface model. There aren't really any competitors I prefer to Ornot for non-race kit. The styles/colors are good, the product is good and they are local to me. Plus I know they fit me quite well.

If you decide to buy their thermal bibs in the winter, I would probably size up to a medium. The added material thickness makes them smaller / less stretchy.

sib

by sib

tanghy wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:25 am
W the XS ornot, it barely covers the belly when standing up.
Just the sort of info I was after - thanks!

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:37 am
The "House" jerseys are good everyday go-fast kit...
There aren't really any competitors I prefer to Ornot for non-race kit. The styles/colors are good, the product is good and they are local to me...
Great - sounds exactly like what I'm looking for.
I think S for shorts will be good, but I'm still a little apprehensive about jersey sizing.

Have you tried an M-size short-sleeve jersey by any chance?

jih

by jih

I'm fairly similar at 175cm, and 57-59kg.

I'd never heard of this brand before, but on their website they list their smallest (XS) shorts as being for 29" waist, which isn't really very skinny at all. It is only one data point but I'd be dubious of them for a slimmer cyclist based on that. Even mainstream jeans companies that aren't aimed at athletes do a 28" waist.

FWIW, I find LeCol's pro fit size XS is the skinniest jersey, but it is a bit short on me.

AndySti

by AndySti

I have a few of the House jerseys, both the current gen and the previous versions. I'm 185cm and 71.5kg the small fits me perfectly. I like their stuff. I thnk the medium would be much too large for you.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

jih wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:28 pm

I'd never heard of this brand before, but on their website they list their smallest (XS) shorts as being for 29" waist, which isn't really very skinny at all. It is only one data point but I'd be dubious of them for a slimmer cyclist based on that. Even mainstream jeans companies that aren't aimed at athletes do a 28" waist.

FWIW, I find LeCol's pro fit size XS is the skinniest jersey, but it is a bit short on me.

I barely fit into the S bibs at 178cm/60-61kg. It won’t be a problem.

bilwit

by bilwit

I have the House bibs+jersey in Small at ~62kg/180.34cm (5'11). I didn't really like the fit or the cut of the jersey. Too "casual club" for me and sleeves seemed a little too short for my liking as well and because the seam isn't cut at the shoulder they tend to ride up my arm, making them look even shorter. I didn't have a problem with the belly issue, but I suppose that's going to come down to each individual's torso length. The bibs are ok, not the best padding I've ever had but ok. I only use them on the trainer now.

sib

by sib

Thanks for the replies, all!
In terms of sizing, it seems S bibs and S jersey is the way to go.

@AndySti and @TobinHatesYou
Good to hear the positive feedback.

@tanghy
Sizing aside, what were your impressions of their kit - good quality?

@Bilwit
That's a little concerning. What's your go-to outdoors training kit?
Do you have any recommendations for other brands in a similar price range?

bilwit

by bilwit

sib wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:30 am
@Bilwit
That's a little concerning. What's your go-to outdoors training kit?
Do you have any recommendations for other brands in a similar price range?
I didn't really mean to poo-poo on Ornot, it's just that I know what I like and for me the cut and fit of their jerseys (atleast the House model) was not for my particular taste. I use Santini now, their Classe jersey (I got it for $94). It's pretty plain and not at all flash or trendy which appeals to me and the cut is more fitted/tight and made with lighter material. Not as completely skinsuit-hugging like Rapha Aero but more in that direction. La Passione and MAAP also have similarly cut and fitting designs too but I hated the arm warmers I got from La Passione and MAAP has boutique premium pricing like Rapha.

jih

by jih

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:55 pm
jih wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:28 pm

I barely fit into the S bibs at 178cm/60-61kg. It won’t be a problem.
Interesting - they say the S is 29-31", which as a trouser size would be huge on me (plus vanity sizing) - do you happen to know your waist measurement?

My waist measures about 27". I can wear most 28" trousers with a belt. Rapha 28" jeans are true to size and fit great.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com