On Rapha autumn/winter apparel

Kit Brand Talk. Everything under the sun, including sunnies!
tarmackev

by tarmackev

kytyree wrote:
LionelB wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:49 am
I have this gilet and it's great.
It is, the other Brevet gilet with pockets is IMHO just an average packable windbreaker gilet, the insultated one is up there with the best pieces of gear I've bought, even with the broken zipper pulls.

IIRC you also like the classic thermal bibs, and those paired with the insulated gilet (warmers when appropriate) are tough to beat.
I was looking at the polartec gilet. I was so close to pulling the trigger on one. Really does look like and essential piece of kit for a guy like me who hates the cold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pistaboy

by Pistaboy

tarmackev wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:10 am
kytyree wrote:
LionelB wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:49 am
I have this gilet and it's great.
It is, the other Brevet gilet with pockets is IMHO just an average packable windbreaker gilet, the insultated one is up there with the best pieces of gear I've bought, even with the broken zipper pulls.

IIRC you also like the classic thermal bibs, and those paired with the insulated gilet (warmers when appropriate) are tough to beat.
I was looking at the polartec gilet. I was so close to pulling the trigger on one. Really does look like and essential piece of kit for a guy like me who hates the cold.

The insulated gilet is amazing (coming from a UK perspective), and i use it on its own (autumn and early spring) or under a waterproof/thermal layer (in the winter). What's really good about these gilets are the zips, allowing you to unzip from the bottom and partially open top or bottom of the gilet to moderate temp control. Breathable through the side panels, windproof on the front and rear. A brilliant bit of kit.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LionelB

by LionelB

If only they could bring back the damn colors. I noticed that La Passione seems to have one as well now but no back pockets.

banik69

by banik69

Hello there i saw this MEN'S PRO TEAM TRAINING LONG SLEEVE JERSEY, with a merino base layer is ok with temperatures between 5-10 Celsius ?

https://www.rapha.cc/eu/en/shop/mens-pr ... PTT01LSSCA

kytyree

by kytyree

I'd think I'd need either a heavy merino layer or a gilet/jacket to use that at 5-10. I believe they say 10-15 degrees in the questions on their site, which I'd agree with having used similar Rapha jerseys.

banik69

by banik69

kytyree wrote:I'd think I'd need either a heavy merino layer or a gilet/jacket to use that at 5-10. I believe they say 10-15 degrees in the questions on their site, which I'd agree with having used similar Rapha jerseys.
Thanks for the info, if I wear this what else can I wear over it ?
I think that jacket is to heavy, maybe a vest....

Otherwise I spent almost all winter with my Gabba....

kytyree

by kytyree

The insulated gilet we were talking about in the previous posts is an excellent piece of kit and extends the range of anything.

ohjinguh9

by ohjinguh9

banik69 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:47 pm
kytyree wrote:I'd think I'd need either a heavy merino layer or a gilet/jacket to use that at 5-10. I believe they say 10-15 degrees in the questions on their site, which I'd agree with having used similar Rapha jerseys.

pro team insulated jacket and a merino turtleneck base layer will get you down to -2 to 0 celsius
https://www.rapha.cc/eu/en/shop/mens-pr ... PIS01XXEMB

the insulated jacket is the brevet gilet theyve been talking about, except with sleeves, same hairy polartec lining
both are amazing

banik69

by banik69

ohjinguh9 wrote:
banik69 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:47 pm

pro team insulated jacket and a merino turtleneck base layer will get you down to -2 to 0 celsius
https://www.rapha.cc/eu/en/shop/mens-pr ... PIS01XXEMB

the insulated jacket is the brevet gilet theyve been talking about, except with sleeves, same hairy polartec lining
both are amazing
Thanks for the informations, I was looking about pro team training jacket I don’t find any color....Image

Miller

by Miller

banik69 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:47 pm
Hello there i saw this MEN'S PRO TEAM TRAINING LONG SLEEVE JERSEY, with a merino base layer is ok with temperatures between 5-10 Celsius ?

I have this exact jersey and was wearing it this morning in mild and damp weather. I wanted a lightweight and well fitting long sleeve jersey and it is exactly that, plus it's very lovely. The material is thin.

Today in 13c I had a short sleeve base layer and it was perfect. 10c or less I would want a long sleeve base layer but be aware the arms are very fitted so I'd be much more likely to wear a warmer jersey.

kode54

by kode54

One of my favorite long sleeve jersey.

Fit on arms and body is great and fits me better than most of the other Rapha long sleeves. Tight fit. Not sure i would wear a merino base layer with it...but I have worn the Assos skin foils under which are tight fitting as well.
banik69 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:47 pm

- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

floriansantana

by floriansantana

Can someone tell me if the Pro Team Thermal jersey is any warmer than the Pro Team Longsleeve Aero jersey?

I’m contemplating which long sleeve jersey to buy and I’m undecided between these two. I know the aero jersey is quite thin down the sleeves, but quite warm around the body. Is the Thermal jersey any different down the arms?

As far as I’m concerned the Long Sleeve Training jersey is just a long sleeve version of the short sleeve Training jersey, right?
Cannondale SuperSix Evo Disc
Cannondale SystemSix HiMod Disc
@floriansantana

ohjinguh9

by ohjinguh9

floriansantana wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:49 am
Can someone tell me if the Pro Team Thermal jersey is any warmer than the Pro Team Longsleeve Aero jersey?

I’m contemplating which long sleeve jersey to buy and I’m undecided between these two. I know the aero jersey is quite thin down the sleeves, but quite warm around the body. Is the Thermal jersey any different down the arms?

As far as I’m concerned the Long Sleeve Training jersey is just a long sleeve version of the short sleeve Training jersey, right?
pro team thermal jersey is made for mild temps as its fleeced backed, etc etc. the long sleeve aero jersey is just like the long sleeve training jersey, theyre both just long sleeve versions of the short sleeve jerseys, nothing insulated or thermal about them.

floriansantana

by floriansantana

ohjinguh9 wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:01 pm
pro team thermal jersey is made for mild temps as its fleeced backed, etc etc. the long sleeve aero jersey is just like the long sleeve training jersey, theyre both just long sleeve versions of the short sleeve jerseys, nothing insulated or thermal about them.
Thanks for your answer. Are you sure about that? I have an older version of the Aero long sleeve and that one is definitely made of heavier material around the body, just the arms are made of the same aero material as are the short sleeve jerseys. It’s the version from 2017 or 2018 though, so they might have changed the materials in the meantime.
Cannondale SuperSix Evo Disc
Cannondale SystemSix HiMod Disc
@floriansantana

raven14

by raven14

Thermal Jersey is way warmer than the long sleeve aero jersey. In 2017 the long sleeve aero jersey was still made from a heavier fabric, nowadays it's indeed just a long sleeve version of the aero jersey. I have all those we're now discussing... I use the thermal jersey up until around 0 degrees, in combination with the right base layer (merino mostly) and the brevet insulated vest.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com