On Rapha autumn/winter apparel

Kit Brand Talk. Everything under the sun, including sunnies!
FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

kode54 wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:11 pm
haha. well, the problem is...there's a lock on the pulll...it should be pointed down at all times to keep it 'locked'
When getting out of the saddle, apparently I bump into the Zip, and it unlocks. Idk, but it annoys me.
Cervelo P5 Disc (2021) 9.1kg
Factor Ostro Gravel (2023) 8.0kg
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

*weights are race ready, size 58/L.
Sold: Venge, S5 Disc, Roubaix Team, Open WI.DE, Émonda, Shiv TT, Crux, Aethos, SL7

oreiarias

by oreiarias

FlatlandClimber wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:25 pm
kode54 wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:11 pm
haha. well, the problem is...there's a lock on the pulll...it should be pointed down at all times to keep it 'locked'
When getting out of the saddle, apparently I bump into the Zip, and it unlocks. Idk, but it annoys me.
Hello yet again!

Given your inputs it's set on stone I'll order S size in every fit line.

Now regarding temperatures, I think I'll skip the Pro Jacket and decide between the "Regular" Pro Jersey and the Thermal Pro Jersey.

Incidentally, a member of the Rapha IT service told me new products are allegedly coming by the end of October so I'll hold my horses just yet.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

oreiarias

by oreiarias

https://www.rapha.cc/es/en/shop/brevet- ... ct/BIG04XX
https://www.rapha.cc/eu/en/shop/mens-br ... BRG03XXCRS

I was talking about the latter mostly due to visibility concerns in the hiVis pink color. Maybe too light?

FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

Obviously, the refelctive stripe across the chest and back is much more visible, than just around one arm. A car coming from the other side will not see any reflection there...
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

Sold: Venge, S5 Disc, Roubaix Team, Open WI.DE, Émonda, Shiv TT, Crux, Aethos, SL7

oreiarias

by oreiarias

FlatlandClimber wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:26 am
Obviously, the refelctive stripe across the chest and back is much more visible, than just around one arm. A car coming from the other side will not see any reflection there...
Right on the point!

Only thing is, temperature wise is there much difference between the two?

FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

I would rank Rapha garment warmth in 3 levels:
Light summer (the light jersey, indoor, pro team, aero etc fall into this category), standard (this is warmer and thicker than the standard jersey of many other comapnaies)(includes Brevet, Classic - all of these fit rather loosely), and thermal (nice and toasty, with an extra layer of insulation, I only wear these in fall and winter when temperature is below 15C during the day and below 10C during the night).
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

oreiarias

by oreiarias

So, if I followed correctly, for my requirements (10-18ish) this combination would be fine just by playing with the thickness of the base layer:

https://www.rapha.cc/eu/en/shop/mens-pr ... 01LSCRSSML

+

https://www.rapha.cc/eu/en/shop/mens-br ... BRG03XXCRS

LionelB

by LionelB

FlatlandClimber wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:26 am
I keep complaining about the fact that bright colors disapeered from winter gear mostly at Rapha and Assos. I went to the site and between black, dark green and navy blue it just does not work for winter for me. I ended up buying more Castelli stuff.

kytyree

by kytyree

The insulated gilet has Polartec Alpha Insulation and is a different level of warmth from the other.

Pistaboy

by Pistaboy

oreiarias wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:39 pm
Pistaboy wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:19 pm
oreiarias wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:59 am
Hello

Despite not being a weight-centric topic I'd like to ask about experiences with this brand. I've never owened any product and I'd like to buy some for the cooler season in the north of Spain. I don't plan to ride under showers and these products got my attention: a Pro Training Long Sleeve Jersey and a Brevet Gilet. Does anyone know which range of temperatures I'll be able to combine the two? Differences with the Pro Training Aero or Pro Training Jacket temperature wise? Another enquiry, someone ownes a Brevet Jacket? It's supposed to be loose but I don't know if it makes sense to go down that type of fit being somewhat in form. In addition, which websites would you buy from aside from the manufacturer one?

Thanks
What are the average temperatures you are dealing with there in Spain - for the months you are riding?

For transparency, I have a close link to the brand and wear all of their ranges for varying reasons. I mainly ride Pro Team gear, but often switch to a Brevet mix in the winter because of it's versatility. The merino fabrics perform really well in the winter and the pockets are a little more accessible with winter gloves on.

I think in dry conditions, the PT training jacket is one of the best bits of kit Rapha do. The fit is snug, allowing for either a base layer/jersey combo or simply a deep winter base layer. I'm not sure what temps you are experiencing there, but i am sure you will find this jacket useful. I would also recommend the Thermal Jersey, which you could wear on its own with a merino mesh base layer if the temps are mild?

When you ask about the brevet jacket, are you thinking of the insulated version or the windblock?
In my rides this fall I can encounter anything from 10 to 18 Celsius. Some days down to 5ish or even below but really really odd days. I'm covered for the range 0-5 and looking mostly for the range 12-18. That's why I think the Pro Jacket could be overkill but you have certainly more knowledge than myself. I'm thinking more of combining a Pro Long Sleeve with the Brevet Gilet and play with the base layer. The former is supposed to be too light for colder days but having the flexibility of using the Gilet could do the trick for me in these kind of days.
Nice. Its a lot 'warmer' than i thought it would be. Yes, the PT Training Jacket will be overkill. PT long sleeve training jersey and a brevet gilet will be a really good option for you.

LionelB

by LionelB

kytyree wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:14 am
The insulated gilet has Polartec Alpha Insulation and is a different level of warmth from the other.
I have this gilet and it's great.

Pistaboy

by Pistaboy

Check out the EF team kit at the Giro this weekend...

kytyree

by kytyree

LionelB wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:49 am
I have this gilet and it's great.
It is, the other Brevet gilet with pockets is IMHO just an average packable windbreaker gilet, the insultated one is up there with the best pieces of gear I've bought, even with the broken zipper pulls.

IIRC you also like the classic thermal bibs, and those paired with the insulated gilet (warmers when appropriate) are tough to beat.

tarmackev

by tarmackev

alanyu wrote:
tarmackev wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:14 pm
Interested in the Brevet stuff myself.
I like the Classic kit and that’s fairly warm, I have a pro team winter jackets that’s great.

On a related note my wife just bought me the Core boba.
After 6 weeks the fabric was pilling a little and a flesh coloured tone appeared on it.
I sent an email to Rapha at 9pm on a Friday night with proof of purchase and some photos and by 9:30pm I had a reply saying new shorts would be dispatched on Monday and to keep the old ones.
Fantastic customer service I though.

As a person who works in customer service for a large hi-end clothing manufacturer myself I was highly impressed by Rapha, I’m a customer for the foreseeable future knowing they provide this kind of service along with great looking and performing kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good service. Did you buy rapha directly from their online shop or from a third party, like wiggle?
I purchased direct from Rapha’s website

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oreiarias

by oreiarias

Hi yet again with another doubt, this time regarding the bib range.

Is the difference between Pro Team Training and Pro Team Training II bibs worth the extra 70€?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com