On Rapha autumn/winter apparel

Kit Brand Talk. Everything under the sun, including sunnies!
ohjinguh9

by ohjinguh9

nvm, i stand corrected
Last edited by ohjinguh9 on Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

chrisbike

by chrisbike

ohjinguh9 wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:38 pm
floriansantana wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:26 am
ohjinguh9 wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:01 pm
pro team thermal jersey is made for mild temps as its fleeced backed, etc etc. the long sleeve aero jersey is just like the long sleeve training jersey, theyre both just long sleeve versions of the short sleeve jerseys, nothing insulated or thermal about them.
Thanks for your answer. Are you sure about that? I have an older version of the Aero long sleeve and that one is definitely made of heavier material around the body, just the arms are made of the same aero material as are the short sleeve jerseys. It’s the version from 2017 or 2018 though, so they might have changed the materials in the meantime.
yup im sure
You might want to check again. I own the latest pro team aero short and long sleeve jerseys. The long sleeve has a heavier weight fabric on the body section of the jersey, as per the Rapha description.

garbageman

by garbageman

floriansantana wrote:

Thanks for your answer. Are you sure about that? I have an older version of the Aero long sleeve and that one is definitely made of heavier material around the body, just the arms are made of the same aero material as are the short sleeve jerseys. It’s the version from 2017 or 2018 though, so they might have changed the materials in the meantime.
The long sleeve aero jersey uses a heavier main fabric with a brushed back. The back of the arms and shoulders use the same dimpled fabric as the short sleeve version (front of the arms use the heavier main fabric). I have both short sleeve and long sleeve aero jerseys from this year and the previous version with the rubberized logo on the sleeves. I'm not sure why other posters arer saying they use the same main fabric - you can clearly see in the images on Rapha's website that the long sleeve version is thicker. Look at the sheen of the fabric and how it wrinkles under the arm. It's quite obviously not the same. From Rapha's own description of the long sleeve aero version: "...the main panels are cut from a brushed-back material for insulation in cool weather".

The long sleeve training jersey is made of a lightweight, non-brushed material that is lighter than what is used in the long sleeve aero jersey. It's not as quite as light as the short sleeve version which uses a mesh fabric on the front. I think the back of the short sleeve version is the same fabric used for the entire long sleeve training jersey.

The thermal jersey is the warmest, followed by the long sleeve aero and then the long sleeve training jerseys.

floriansantana

by floriansantana

garbageman wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:39 am
floriansantana wrote:

The long sleeve aero jersey uses a heavier main fabric with a brushed back. The back of the arms and shoulders use the same dimpled fabric as the short sleeve version (front of the arms use the heavier main fabric). I have both short sleeve and long sleeve aero jerseys from this year and the previous version with the rubberized logo on the sleeves. I'm not sure why other posters arer saying they use the same main fabric - you can clearly see in the images on Rapha's website that the long sleeve version is thicker. Look at the sheen of the fabric and how it wrinkles under the arm. It's quite obviously not the same. From Rapha's own description of the long sleeve aero version: "...the main panels are cut from a brushed-back material for insulation in cool weather".

The long sleeve training jersey is made of a lightweight, non-brushed material that is lighter than what is used in the long sleeve aero jersey. It's not as quite as light as the short sleeve version which uses a mesh fabric on the front. I think the back of the short sleeve version is the same fabric used for the entire long sleeve training jersey.

The thermal jersey is the warmest, followed by the long sleeve aero and then the long sleeve training jerseys.
Thanks a lot for your helpful answer. That’s why I ask if he was sure about his answer, that’s long sleeve and short sleeve aero was made of the same material as my older one is definitely made of thicker fabric.
Cannondale SuperSix Evo Disc
Cannondale SystemSix HiMod Disc
@floriansantana