Assos apparel questions

Kit Brand Talk. Everything under the sun, including sunnies!
BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

kytyree wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:10 pm
If you go back to page 134 of this thread I posted a picture of the differences as I saw them. I like the Werksteam version better but they're not radically different, it's been awhile since I used original the RS S9 but if the Werksteam were significantly longer I would notice as I always liked the often shorter assos inseams.
Thanks for the pointer. Do the wider grippers on the Werksteam, then, mean that the lycra leg is shorter to make the overall length the same as the original RS S9?

kytyree

by kytyree

I don't have a pair of the original RS R9 anymore to compare, they got pretty worn. But I think you're correct, it's a wider gripper but roughly the same inseam. I say roughly because even if they measured the same I think the material is different.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

kytyree wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:37 am
I don't have a pair of the original RS R9 anymore to compare, they got pretty worn. But I think you're correct, it's a wider gripper but roughly the same inseam. I say roughly because even if they measured the same I think the material is different.
Thanks.

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

kytyree wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:37 am
I got a hold of a pair of the Werksteam RS S9 bibs and they are just that - a wider gripper but with the same inseam length as the standard RS S9 bibs.

I quite like them. They feel very nice.

mendiz

by mendiz

Anyone using the jacket Mille GTO FUCHSRÖHRE Shell C2? I have Alleycat and Fuchsröhre is more robust I see
https://www.assos.com/es/mille-gto-fuch ... 77416.html
You don´t stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding.

Matte86

by Matte86

mendiz wrote:Anyone using the jacket Mille GTO FUCHSRÖHRE Shell C2? I have Alleycat and Fuchsröhre is more robust I see
https://www.assos.com/es/mille-gto-fuch ... 77416.html
I have a targa alleycat which is more robust than the original one.. before purchasing it I tried the GTO but it is lighter/offers less protection so I went with the targa

gegarrenton

by gegarrenton

Hi All,

I am looking to pickup a second set of winter tights, trying to figure out if the Ultraz are the same weight as my old Bonka, or warmer?

Thx for anyone with experience!

sfo423

by sfo423

Has anyone found a review or guide specifying which Assos bibs offer the longest leg length? I've been away from Assos for ~10 years and thinking of trying them again. I need long leg length and was looking at the Equipe RS S9 Targa bibs.

TIA

GaBa

by GaBa

Wait, new model (S11) is coming for this season with a long version (same as with GTO bibs).

kode54

by kode54

I think Assos had success with offering a longer length version with a few bibs.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

sfo423 wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:28 am
Has anyone found a review or guide specifying which Assos bibs offer the longest leg length? I've been away from Assos for ~10 years and thinking of trying them again. I need long leg length and was looking at the Equipe RS S9 Targa bibs.

TIA
In my experience, the RS S9 Targa bibs had the longest inseam - too long for me at 5'8". You can get a pair from the Assos Outlet on sale and give them a try.

mendiz

by mendiz

In Bikeinn is the new season, the generation S11 although we can not buy yet
You don´t stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding.

steveadore

by steveadore

Has anyone tried the limited release Reform bib shorts? Basically, they have recycled old, S7 generation materials and chamois in a Mille GT design, but with the newer style leg grip band. The Mille GT fit me well, so I wonder if it may be worth buying these (especially as they come with the S7 Equipe and S9 pads)

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

steveadore wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:38 pm
Has anyone tried the limited release Reform bib shorts? Basically, they have recycled old, S7 generation materials and chamois in a Mille GT design, but with the newer style leg grip band. The Mille GT fit me well, so I wonder if it may be worth buying these (especially as they come with the S7 Equipe and S9 pads)
I bought a pair of the Spring/Fall Reform bibs - so with that thermal fabric same as my habu tights. They are quite fine for winter use. S9 pad, certainly good value. If the cut and sizing is the same on the regular reform, than expect them to fit much like the current GT.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

steveadore

by steveadore

Mr.Gib wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:59 am
steveadore wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:38 pm
I bought a pair of the Spring/Fall Reform bibs - so with that thermal fabric same as my habu tights. They are quite fine for winter use. S9 pad, certainly good value. If the cut and sizing is the same on the regular reform, than expect them to fit much like the current GT.
I've never used the habu tights and was actually wondering how warm that fabric might be (it's hard to tell from the handful of photos I've found online showing the material). Are they just lycra with a waffle pattern back? Or are they more like Roubaix-type, fleece-like material? I'm sensitive to cold and usually switch to full-length bib tights (I have plenty of lighter tights and I prefer them to shorts+leg warmers) below 17-18 degrees C. Where I live, the transition between warm and cold seasons is not too long (a couple of weeks max), so it's either summer gear or tights&jacket. In your opinion, would these spring/fall Reform shorts be of any use to someone like me? I was thinking of maybe using them between 18-21 degrees C, but perhaps they would be too warm for that?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com