Front Light recommendation !!!

A gigantic catch-all for Randonneuring (Audax), Bike-packing (Touring), and Commuting with or without E-bikes!
godspeed

by godspeed

Hello there !

I need a light up to 700 lumens ! I want to connect it with powerbank to last up to 3 hours, at least !

Until now i have use a lezyne 500xl lum. but it doesnt work with power bank. It wont turn on.

After that i buy a sigma 700 lum that works with power bank. After many uses light's battery becomes weak and when i use the power bank after 1.5 hourr light dropped the scale (i put it at 700 lum and become 500 or less cause weak battery). Can i replace the light's battery with a patent? Should any electrician shop fix that?

Or i have to buy a new front light , up to 700 lum. that work with powerabank !

Can you share your expiriences ??

Thx in advance !!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

godspeed

by godspeed

Noone? etf maaaan :D

kervelo

by kervelo

Check out the Black Friday offer from Lupine: SL Nano AF with the C14 rear light. The SL Nano AF gives more than four hours of ride time at the 700 lumen level, two and a half hours at full 1200 lumen power and more than 17 hours at the lowest power.

https://www.lupine-shop.com/BLACK-FRIDA ... 7302-035BF

Edit: just noticed the bundle contains the bigger 5.0 Ah battery, so updated the ride times

idickers

by idickers

I have the Lumina Micro 900 light, and really like it.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08F6 ... UTF8&psc=1

I have it mounted under my K2 on a K-EDGE combo mount and it is compact and bright. It has 200/450/900 lumen settings that claim run times of 11/4.5/2 hr, respectively. I find the middle setting works great for night commuting on unlit paths and streets.

godspeed

by godspeed

I use the 700 lum all the time ( with the help of powerbank) and i think a little more to ride comfotable .

The lupine seems too expensive. i dont want to spend 400 euro on light lol.

About the lumina 900 : can you use it with powerbank? sounds nice if i can use the 900 lum for 3-4 hours (with powerbank of course)

idickers

by idickers

I'm not sure about using the Lumina 900 with a powerbank; it has a micro-USB charging port so I guess it might work. Shoot them an email and ask.

froze

by froze

The problem with rechargeable batteries is that eventually, they will last less and less until they will no longer charge, that's part of the deal.

What you haven't said is do you want a light with a self-contained battery, or would you want one that has a separate battery pack that can run a long time, and how much do you want to spend?

I'm going to assume you want it self-contained, and you probably want it sort of inexpensive. The Ravemen 2400 is probably the light you want, it will run for 3.4 hours while putting out 900 lumens, it has a type C input port and a standard USB output port, but the problem with this light is that they're not in stock! They used to cost around $170, but I did find one here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/186177254936?c ... 9b46c89790

This EBay seller has it for a little less: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386307759922?_ ... 101224.m-1

godspeed

by godspeed

Seems a nice light ! Can you suggest with seperate battery?

I want a cheap one general !

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ferry

by Ferry

Another vote for the Ravemen. I have the PR1600. Futurumshop has the 2400 in stock.