Which derailleur for touring and bike camping?

A gigantic catch-all for Randonneuring (Audax), Bike-packing (Touring), and Commuting with or without E-bikes!
froze

by froze

I had an issue with my 2019 Masi Giramondo 700c, something was wrong with the frame that allowed it to flex almost a foot to either side in the rear when loaded, so Haro replaced the frame and fork under warranty, and did so hassle-free which pleasantly surprised me.

They sent me the newest 2023 Giramondo frame and fork, but for some reason, it came with Microshift XCD rear derailleur which I think is a clutch design?

The front is the MS XLE derailleur.

To my question; is the MS XCD a better front derailleur than the Deore that my bike came with in 2019 for touring with loads? OR should I skip both and get a Shimano Deore XT?

I do know that when I'm under load the original rear Deore derailleur doesn't shift as well as it does with no load, not sure why that would be happening, but it could be due to the unusual amount of frame flex I was getting with the 2019 Giramondo.

And the other related question, is the MS XLE a better front derailleur than the Deore? Or should I upgrade it to Deore XT? I haven't had any issues with the original Deore, so I'm thinking that since the front isn't as critical as the rear either transfer the Deore to the new bike or leave the MS XLE on it instead.

I don't know anything about Microshift, nor do I know anything about a clutch derailleur, will a clutch derailleur work better when under load?

I want a derailleur that will last a very long time and shift good when under load.

One person I spoke to said I should use the Suntour Mountech that I took of my 1985 Schwinn Le Tour Luxe that crashed and burned, they claimed those worked better than any modern derailleur will work when the bike is under load, any thoughts on that suggestion?

Thanks for your all help.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

froze

by froze

??

I guess no one knows the answer or has an opinion, so I had to decide with the help of the bike shop, and I'm going to stay with the Deore and send the new one back to Masi.

froze

by froze

Haro Masi did something weird, they told the bike shop where I took the new frame and the old bike to get the swap done, Masi was closed for 2 weeks during Christmas, the bike shop called them when they reopened what they wanted them to do with old frame and fork, Haro said they didn't want it, to just keep it and do with it whatever they want. So, I got the old frame and fork back along with the brand new Microshift derailleurs! I will either build the bike into something or just sell the frame and fork with the derailleurs, I haven't decided. As long as the person who buys it knows they can't use it for touring, and they're not a Clydesdale, the bike should be fine to build into a gravel bike and or a commuter bike.