Airshot question

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!

by 208

Anyone know if there is an adapter for the airshot to convert the valve connecting bit from screw on to clamp on?

Got Filmore valves (highly recommend) that you can't screw onto and looking for a solution that's better than me just holding it on tightly.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kytyree

by kytyree

Have you tried mounting the tires without using the Airshot? I've got one but I don't think I've used it (or needed it) with Fillmore valves on road, gravel or mountain bikes.

by 208

kytyree wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2024 4:11 pm
Have you tried mounting the tires without using the Airshot? I've got one but I don't think I've used it (or needed it) with Fillmore valves on road, gravel or mountain bikes.
Yeah they mounted perfectly fine with my joe blow lol...

kode54

by kode54

I had one, but found that a CO2 inflator worked better.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

208 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2024 3:47 pm
Anyone know if there is an adapter for the airshot to convert the valve connecting bit from screw on to clamp on?

Got Filmore valves (highly recommend) that you can't screw onto and looking for a solution that's better than me just holding it on tightly.

I can screw my AirShot onto my Fillmores just fine. You know the skinny tip on the AirShot head is just a removable adapter right?
Attachments
IMG_6907.jpeg

by 208

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2024 9:09 pm
208 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2024 3:47 pm

I can screw my AirShot onto my Fillmores just fine. You know the skinny tip on the AirShot head is just a removable adapter right?
Oh.... Well this is awkward...

Thanks!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com