Replacement Spokes for DT Swiss ARC 1600

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
Tooth

by Tooth

Hi,
i have "DT Swiss ARC 1600" Diskbreak wheelset on my bike (Aeroad CF SL 8 Disc). I'd like to buy a spoke replacement kit but i cannot figure out anywhere the right dimentions for the front and rear wheel. Does anyone know what spokes i need for that wheelset?

BR

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Jaisen

by Jaisen

Try contacting DT Swiss (they are usually good to respond) and ask then for the ERD of the wheels, then you can use the Dt Swiss Spoke Calculator to find the spoke lengths. Unfortunately I couldn't find the ERD listed for the Arc 1600's and it isn't in the list of DT Swiss rims on the spoke calculator.

https://spokes-calculator.dtswiss.com/en/calculator

jekyll man

by jekyll man

Theres an old thread on here about these wheels; pretty sure it says they are canyon specific downgraded 1400s, only the hubs are 350 instead of 240s.
See what it comes up for on the dt site about those?
Official cafe stop tester

Tooth

by Tooth

The support of DT Swiss was able to help me.
There is an "DT Swiss ID" on the wheel, you can go to their website and type it in and get all information of the wheels.

These are the information if someone else needs it:
Front: https://www.dtswiss.com/de/support/prod ... IDXCO18925
Rear: https://www.dtswiss.com/de/support/prod ... IDICO20645

jfranci3

by jfranci3

Yes, DT lists the spokes
Front
DT Aero comp straight pull T-head BLACK 2.0/1.25 x 258 2.3mm breit
DT Aero comp straight pull T-head BLACK 2.0/1.25 x 261 2.3mm breit

Rear
DT Aero comp straight pull T-head BLACK 2.0/1.25 x 258 2.3mm breit
DT Aero comp straight pull T-head BLACK 2.0/1.25 x 260 2.3mm breit

Of note: you generally can't find a T-Head spoke outside of the kits. Just use a standard Straight Pull spoke. You want to push the blade flat to orientate the spoke and hit the "nail head" with a hammer on an anvil or smash it with a vise. The spoke head ears will fold upwards in the correct direction. This is how DT does it at the factory and as was noted here by someone who knows something viewtopic.php?f=113&t=151413&p=1396830& ... e#p1396830
I've done this and gotten 48 for 48 correct. 1) Hold the spoke down by the flat section to orientate the head. Do this on a convient surface. Hit with a hammer to put the first dent in. 2) Smash that head in a vise as much as you can to get an even smash. 3) Beat flat with hammer against a HARD surface, probably need the anvil section of a bench vise. Do not do this on concrete, stone, cast iron (gym weights), etc as they will chip and hit you in the eye.