Newmen Streem Vonoa 2024

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
nino10

by nino10

Agent041 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 6:16 am
The new setup does not look bad, but would still prefer Farsport wheels anyday. Especially setup with carbon spokes on their Wheelsfar site, where you choose your own custom setup.

I have Newman Streem 50 that came witth my Cube Litening AIR, and while they are OK, they cannot match Farsport Hyper wheels with carbon spokes setup. And that price is under 1.000 EUR. So will be selling the Newman wheels.

I have 3 of their wheels. My newest wheels are 40mm deep, 24int/30ext, and weight 1.135g. Perfect for 28mm tyres and hilly rides.
viewtopic.php?f=132&t=156164&p=1869468#p1869468

https://www.wheelsfar.com/carbon-spoke-c0467
The Cube bikes still come with the old Streem model. Some with carbon spokes (Vonoa), some with steel spokes - depending on the model. The old Streem Vonoa have, among other things, narrower rims (18 mm inner width) and thin carbon spokes (about same wideness as classic flat steel spokes - not to compare with the 3.8 mm RD270 wheelsfar, about 5 mm Cadex Ultra, 5.2 mm new Newmen Streem 2024 or 5.0 mm 2024 Farsports Evo).
Last edited by nino10 on Fri May 24, 2024 10:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BalticSea

by BalticSea

RDY wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 2:08 pm
BalticSea wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 10:48 am
Agent041 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 9:25 am
BalticSea wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 8:59 am
Sprint wheels are very competitive, 1355 grams for 60/66mm wheelset is pretty good, price is competitive with CRW Works. Should be very aero too due to low number of spokes.

I just wish these wheels were available in paintless glossy finish
58mm, 24int/30ext, 1.292g, hooked, also glossy finish, for way less money ;)
https://www.wheelsfar.com/carbon-spokes ... p0182.html
coupon: FAR-OFF-50
Yes, I'm aware of Farsports and I'd trust their hubs over Newmen's hub, but Hypers are not available in 60+ mm depth. Also, 15 spokes at the front vs 20 is quite a difference
Trust their hubs over Newmen? Wut. The newmen road / mtb hubs are excellent - also made in Germany. Dunno if these hubs are their own design or ODM from TW / China tho.
From what I understand, the new wheels have new hub (Fade R CS), so the jury is still out on them.

Also, while it is not related to quality, I prefer loud hubs

nino10

by nino10

BalticSea wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 9:41 am
RDY wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 2:08 pm
BalticSea wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 10:48 am
Agent041 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 9:25 am

58mm, 24int/30ext, 1.292g, hooked, also glossy finish, for way less money ;)
https://www.wheelsfar.com/carbon-spokes ... p0182.html
coupon: FAR-OFF-50
Yes, I'm aware of Farsports and I'd trust their hubs over Newmen's hub, but Hypers are not available in 60+ mm depth. Also, 15 spokes at the front vs 20 is quite a difference
Trust their hubs over Newmen? Wut. The newmen road / mtb hubs are excellent - also made in Germany. Dunno if these hubs are their own design or ODM from TW / China tho.
From what I understand, the new wheels have new hub (Fade R CS), so the jury is still out on them.

Also, while it is not related to quality, I prefer loud hubs
The last generations of Newmen (Road) hubs are impeccable - as is the service at Newmen, but yes indeed quiet - if you don't like that, they are indeed the wrong hubs for you.

In any case, the new wheels are an interesting alternative (at least for European or German customers - from my point of view) to other actual branded products and also to direct purchases from China, as you also have a German/European contact person in terms of liability.

("CRASH REPLACEMENT AND WARRANTY
WARRANTY CONDITIONS
All NEWMEN products come with a 3-year warranty covering all materials and manufacturing defects on top of the legal guarantee.
CRASH REPLACEMENT
In addition to the legal guarantee, we offer crash replacement for all NEWMEN components.
You will receive a 50% discount on the recommended retail price.
The Crash Replacement service is valid for three years after purchase, lifetime for all carbon rims from 2020 onwards.
It can be transferred to subsequent owners."
https://www.newmen-components.de/Garant ... anguage=en)

Short Tour Test of the previous model:
https://www.tour-magazin.de/kaufberatun ... n-im-test/

RDY

by RDY

New carbon-spoke hubs are indeed their own design and consistent with the latest gen for-steel-spoke Fades. But unclear if they're manufactured in Germany or not - I suspect not.

Agent041

by Agent041

Interestingly I was selling my Newman Advanced SL R.50 Streem (steel spokes) from my almost new bike, but had a crash (was run over by a car) and the front carbon wheel is broken. So I assume I would qualify for a crash replacement.

And the existing wheels are no longer on their site. Only these new models (also with steel spokes). Do you think there would be any possibility to get under crash replacement policy (50% discount) these new wheels? As a matter a fact, would then be interested only in carbon spoke version. I know they state, that it can be replaced only with same model, but maybe they can be flexible?!

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

Agent041 wrote:Interestingly I was selling my Newman Advanced SL R.50 Streem (steel spokes) from my almost new bike, but had a crash (was run over by a car) and the front carbon wheel is broken. So I assume I would qualify for a crash replacement.

And the existing wheels are no longer on their site. Only these new models (also with steel spokes). Do you think there would be any possibility to get under crash replacement policy (50% discount) these new wheels? As a matter a fact, would then be interested only in carbon spoke version. I know they state, that it can be replaced only with same model, but maybe they can be flexible?!
Contact them and ask?
Never cheer before you know who is winning

nino10

by nino10

Agent041 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2024 6:56 pm
Interestingly I was selling my Newman Advanced SL R.50 Streem (steel spokes) from my almost new bike, but had a crash (was run over by a car) and the front carbon wheel is broken. So I assume I would qualify for a crash replacement.

Details and contact:
https://www.newmen-components.de/Garant ... anguage=en
Asking costs nothing.
Normally, companies are rather reluctant to do this - understandably, they don't want any deliberate upgrades through crash replacement.
(However, the immediate successor - in this case with steel spokes - can certainly be offered (at the latest when they no longer have the old model in reserve)

Agent041

by Agent041

I already wrote them before I asked here. Just wanted to know if someone has any such experience. It could take days or a week before I get some info from them.

Even if they do noth have them on their site anymore, I suppose they still have old stock somewhere. I wonder, if I have the right to ask for new model (in this case steel), as they do not have the old ones on the web site?

nino10

by nino10

Crash replacement is a voluntary service - the rules are therefore determined by the provider. As Newmen does not stipulate a right to purchase a successor just because the product actually purchased is no longer current (or is no longer listed on their homepage), there is no apparent right to a crash replacement in the form of the successor. If they offer it, it is purely a service.

nequalsone

by nequalsone

Checked with R2, and they said that they will "will add them once we received the files from Newmen". But they don't have crossections on other Newmen wheels. So I doubt that they will be available there. Think you have to ask Newmen directly.
alanyu wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 10:34 pm
nino10 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 8:48 pm
I don't know if I'm blind or we have a misunderstanding here, but I don't see one
It is quite possible that there has been a misunderstanding. If you upload an example of another wheel here, I might be able to help you.
[/quote]

This is so-called cross section
[/quote]

kervelo

by kervelo

Team Intermarché Wanty rides Streem Vonoa:

https://intermarche-wanty.eu/news/newme ... ad-wheels/

nino10

by nino10

nino10 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 8:16 pm
Giro d'italia
Screenshot_20240523_203849_Instagram.jpg
Source: Cube Bikes IG
/ photonewsbelgium IG
Real:
https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7ej9IHo ... BiNWFlZA==

req110

by req110

R2 bike indicates that it will take 6-8 weeks deliver date.

My order Is not paid yet, because I wanted to check with them when the wheelset can be available, but they did not come back to me yet.
S Epic 8 L @ XX T-Type / Berg Ratheberg 30 / Quarq / Fox Transfer SL 100mm / 3p

nino10

by nino10

req110 wrote:
Tue May 28, 2024 10:31 am
R2 bike indicates that it will take 6-8 weeks deliver date.

My order Is not paid yet, because I wanted to check with them when the wheelset can be available, but they did not come back to me yet.
After release the expected availability at r2bike was "3-5 days".
r2bike informed me: "Newman had more problems with delivery. We don't expect the wheels before July."
At the moment the information at r2bike changes to delivery date unknown. Other dealers do not yet list the wheels.
Unfortunately not such a successful launch from Newmen...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

req110

by req110

"at the moment there is no delivery date given. There are some problems in the order at Newman. We hope to receive them at the end of July but this is not for sure."

you are right
S Epic 8 L @ XX T-Type / Berg Ratheberg 30 / Quarq / Fox Transfer SL 100mm / 3p