How can a wheel like this pass QC?

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
EtoDemerzel

by EtoDemerzel

spdntrxi wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 4:43 am
sounds like you purchased used wheels... if the shop has a good relationship with enve you might get lucky, if not then dont blame enve.. blame the shop. Warranty is for original purchaser.
Incorrect.
ENVE is very clear about this.

Does the ENVE Factory Limited Warranty apply to second-hand owners?

Yes. As a secondhand owner, your coverage begins from the date your product was manufactured according to its serial number.
If that product was replaced under warranty with its original owner, your coverage is based on the date of manufacture of the original owner’s, original product – not the serial number and associated manufacture date of the replacement product.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kyyap83

by kyyap83

The same problem as mine, you need to take a video to prove that it is due to a defect in the product that causes the tubeless tire to leak after being installed.

ViperFFM

by ViperFFM

Interesting; friend of mien had a spontanoues crack in his new Enve wheels 2 weeks ago. Finally he is convinced to go with more reliable choices from China now.

If you want it to be made to look nice, buy US. If you want it to be made to last, buy China.
carbonLORD wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:23 am
I'm a CAT 3 Masters racer, not a dentist.

Llanberis

by Llanberis

Or if you want both, buy Bora's.

Konsi

by Konsi

IMG_6434.jpeg
IMG_6437.jpeg
Similar issue with CK wheels. They had factory-installed rim tape and kept slowly leaking air (which I first blamed on the tires ...)

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

sad
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

I wonder if other Forge+Bond rims like the Bontrager Aeolus Pro 49V/37V are made this way.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

That is shocking. And there's a crack that goes right to the sidewall. Even ignoring that MASSIVE hole in the rim bed, you'd have to tape all the way up the rim and it still might not hold air. What a mess. CK etc, might want to consider a different occupation.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

alanyu

by alanyu

Mr.Gib wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2024 5:13 am
That is shocking. And there's a crack that goes right to the sidewall. Even ignoring that MASSIVE hole in the rim bed, you'd have to tape all the way up the rim and it still might not hold air. What a mess. CK etc, might want to consider a different occupation.
With that kind of crack, it's not even about holding air. With the time going, it will eventually (soon) crack to blow off during a ride, a serious safety issue which should be sent to the court.

GravelFactor

by GravelFactor

Konsi wrote:
Thu May 30, 2024 1:13 pm
IMG_6434.jpeg

IMG_6437.jpeg

Similar issue with CK wheels. They had factory-installed rim tape and kept slowly leaking air (which I first blamed on the tires ...)
Those CK wheels look absolutely ridiculous! And in addition they are cracking. Not that it makes that more acceptable, mine looks better, no crack, but the rim bead is so uneven that the tire wont seal.
Status on my rear wheel: I t has been forwarded to Enve (in Europe) and I am awaiting an update.

GravelFactor

by GravelFactor

ENVE customer (non)service shines again! Finally got my rear wheel back, what should been a replaced 5.6 rear rim turned out to be a 6.7 rim!!! I was NOT asked if I wanted that.
First of all, it's way too wide for frame, so useless to me.
Secondly, they apparently imagine that I would accept having a 5.6 front (hooked) and a 6.7 rear (hookless).
So after nearly 2 months of process I have a useless wheel to return and a new wait for a solution. Absolutly crazy!