Hutchinson Blackbird tyre

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
alexanderp1991

by alexanderp1991

New high performance road tyre from Hutchinson. Looks to be competing with the GP5000s tr.
I've really liked Hutchinson in the past, easiest tubeless tyre 've ever set up. Managed to seat one in field with a hand pump and ride it home with no sealant.

Hopefully it tests well!
https://cycling.hutchinson.com/tires/ro ... blackbird/

bobones

by bobones

Long overdue something to replace the Fusion 5 range. Used to be the goto long before Continental, Michelin, Pirelli etc started making tubeless tyres. Hopefully they'll be reasonably priced.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

C36

by C36

At one point I wondered if they had any intention to provide a top tier product. Fusion 5was launched in 2017!

10% RR improvement (as per claims) won't make the cut to get them to GP5K or Michelin Cup (as per BRR, they are at 11WRR when references are at 9, so that is a full 22% gap to close) and that would be a shame to even consider them when newer tires may be around the corner (power was 2020, power cup 2022, so may have something for this summer).

So curious to get BRR, Aerocoach or Cyclesetforme to test them.

alanyu

by alanyu

C36 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:00 pm
At one point I wondered if they had any intention to provide a top tier product. Fusion 5was launched in 2017!

10% RR improvement (as per claims) won't make the cut to get them to GP5K or Michelin Cup (as per BRR, they are at 11WRR when references are at 9, so that is a full 22% gap to close) and that would be a shame to even consider them when newer tires may be around the corner (power was 2020, power cup 2022, so may have something for this summer).

So curious to get BRR, Aerocoach or Cyclesetforme to test them.
I believe they are comparing to the 2021 fusion 5 TLR 11storm instead of the 2017 fusion 5, which is, sadly, even slower.

C36

by C36

Didn't even realized they launched it... outside weight it had very little strong points...

alexanderp1991

by alexanderp1991

They had Galatik version which I think was faster than the 11storm. It needs to improve on both of those tyres eitherway.
I actually don't need the millage durability, I bin my tyres each year anyway so would choose grip and RR over that. If it is well priced that is another benefit, although GP5000 have been cheap for me this year with sales.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Hutchinson also made the Zipp Tangente Speed, which scored a little better than the old non-11Storm Galactik TL.

wltz

by wltz

I submitted a request to BRR to test the 28c version without specifying the sidewall colour. It will of course lose out to the unbeatable competition - all those infinite widths of the same gravel tyres, ugh.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com