EliteWheel Drive Helix - March 29th?

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
Wildh

by Wildh

spdntrxi wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 1:50 pm
extrusionedwin wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:06 pm
rim wave it is not the solution for the aerodinamics points.
zipp just fail in the patent way, so princeton or anyone can do this style rims and it is not worthy for real competition
look the giro italia, tour de france.
the other kill point who cares the aerodinamics when is climbing?
dont forget they are fugly :thumbup:
I don't think they're ugly. I'm indifferent to be looks. I do really question the PCW testing data though.

mariosimas

by mariosimas

Here they are:

1374g with the tubeless tape (the 46D)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Factor50

by Factor50

I have a set of the Helix 68D on order, which I ordered at the end of April. I'm advised that they're shipping this week, but at the end of May I received an email saying that they've updated the stated weight to increase it by 30grams.

No big deal as far as I'm concerned when it comes to an aero wheel which is still lighter than my current 45mm wheels. For the incovenience they've refunded $50 and given a $50 voucher. Anybody else experience the same?

For those that have the wheels already, how do they ride? What's the build quality like?

I already own some Lightbicycle wheels which I am super happy with, so already a Chinese wheel convert, but have no prior exeprience with EliteWheels.

Wildh

by Wildh

Gotta appreciate them giving a $50 off in advance.

Looking good.

Factor50

by Factor50

The wheels have arrived and I've managed to get about 100km into them so far, so not quite a meaningful amount of time to form a proper view, but some headline thoughts below.

- Wheels look waaaay better in real life than the photos.
- They must come well packed with grease as the chain would go slack if I tried to back pedal at all for the first 20km. That issue has now gone away.
- Hub sound is variable. Starts quiet and then increases to quite a loud, but satisfying buzz.
- I'm on the 68D (https://www.elite-wheels.com/product/dr ... -wheelset/), which weigh with tape and valves installed, 665g (front) and 887g (rear). Once cassette, tyres and sealant in place, they weigh the same as my Black Inc 45s.
- I shaved 30s off my time on my local 10 mile TT course, running slightly lower power than the slower time. There's margin for error in PM etc so take this with a pinch of salt, but indications are that they may have saved me a few seconds on the downhill 5 mile return.
- I am running them with 30mm GP5000 S TR and they're a nice comfort step up compared to the 28s I'm running on my other wheelsets. Probably not too much space to spare on my Factor Ostro, so wouldn't risk 32mm unless I could easily return them or do something else with them.
- The box came with a bunch of spare spokes (4 or 5), lockrings and as mentioned above, tubless tape and valves pre-installed.

filtered

by filtered

Factor50 wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2024 6:01 pm
The wheels have arrived and I've managed to get about 100km into them so far, so not quite a meaningful amount of time to form a proper view, but some headline thoughts below.

- Wheels look waaaay better in real life than the photos.
pics please? I am interested in 68 but in photos thus far the 68 don't seem to appear as deep as advertised.