Farsports no longer Farsports? Now Wheelsfar

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
OnTheRivet

by OnTheRivet

The new Farsports website looks totally different, they even have different wheels and the prices are bonkers and they only seem to build wheels with their hubs? The Wheelsfar website looks just like the old Farsports website with the new name? Anybody know whats going on?

AJS914

by AJS914

It's looked like this for a long time:

https://www.wheelsfar.com/

Still the same Classic, Kaze, Feder lines with multiple hub option.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Jaisen

by Jaisen

OnTheRivet wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:49 pm
The new Farsports website looks totally different, they even have different wheels and the prices are bonkers and they only seem to build wheels with their hubs? The Wheelsfar website looks just like the old Farsports website with the new name? Anybody know whats going on?
Nothing new is going on. If you want to buy Farsport branded wheels with their own hubs and spokes you go to Farsports website. If you want to have the option to customize the build to pick not only the rims but the hubs and spokes as well, you go to Wheelsfar where you can mix and match components.

AJS914

by AJS914

So what's up with Farsports? On https://www.farsports.com/ the wheels are name brand priced. Farsports looks like they are trying to compete with Winspace and the like. It's hard to imagine they are selling a lot of EVO wheels for $1900.

When I bought my set of Farsports five years ago, they were $600 shipped with DT Swiss 350 hubs and CX-Rays. At the time, comparable wheels cost 3X as much.

It seems like they no longer want to be in the good value direct to consumer game.

Mocs123

by Mocs123

I just bought a set of Farsports Hyper's with carbon spokes, 50mm deep, 30mm internal, 24mm internal that weighed 1210g all for around $1,000USD, so I'd say they still punch well above their price range, since most carbon spoke wheels from western brands that weigh around 1200g are $3000-$4000USD.
2015 Wilier Zero.7 Rim - 6.37kg
2020 Trek Emonda SLR-7 Disc - 6.86kg
2023 Specialized SL7 - 7.18kg

skinnybex

by skinnybex

Farsports.com and wheelsfar.com are 2 different websites but the same company. The first is their higher end wheels with ceramic bearing and carbon spokes as well as their custom handlebar. Wheelsfar is their oem and customization site where you configure rims, hubs and spokes anywhere from $700 usd to $1600 usd. It's been this way for the 4 years I've owned the 5 pairs of wheels they built.
23’ Cervelo Soloist / 6.88kg - 1x Crit Bike
22' Cervelo R5 / 6.35kg - Climbing Bike
22' Cervelo Caledonia 5 / 7.55kg - Travel Bike
21' Cervelo Aspero / 8.06kg - Gravel Travel Bike
23' Cervelo Aspero 5 / 8.25kg - Gravel Race Bike

toxin

by toxin

With farsports.com you also get better warranty, customer support, crash discount, uci certification on some wheels, etc. On the other hand all the wheels there are severly outdated.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com