SOLVED - DELETE IT

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
LuigiG

by LuigiG

SOLVED - DELETE IT
Last edited by LuigiG on Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

stevesbike

by stevesbike

I can feel the difference between my training wheelset and racing wheels, about a 300 gram reduction, in terms of acceleration, changes of speed through switchbacks etc. But my bike weighs 6.2 kg. Not sure if I'd feel it on a 7.8 or 7.5kg bike (my gravel bike weighs 7.8 with 40mm tires) - how are you getting 7.5 kg bike with 1240 gram wheelset?

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

I can give it my all and set a new record. If a stronger rider is in front of me, I will break my record.

I always think my new equipment makes me faster. It's funny how the mind works.

Agent041

by Agent041

You can deffinately feel the differance on punchy steep climbs. Especially if the weight in the wheels is more centered in the hub and not the rims (rotating weight).
On the other hand, I do not care about it, if the climb is constant and I am pacing and pedaling seated.

LuigiG

by LuigiG

SOLVED - DELETE IT