In search of wide (23-25mm) mid section wheelset

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
xiyuwang

by xiyuwang

Just want to get rid of my zipp 404 current running on my gf's bike. Too deep and unstable for her plus a lot of hassle to maintain (easy to have air loss, feels soft on slopes, the hub engages harsh and draggy).

So, I am trying to look for a nice wide mid section wheel as a replacement around 1500 bucks, preferrably 2nd hand.

Some wheels on my list:
DT siwss ERC 1400, wide and stable, but a bit heavy plus not easy to find a 2nd hand one still in good condition. 1100 is overbudget, nothing wrong with it, me myself is using ARC 1100, hassle free and enjoyable.

Campy Bora WTO 45, or Bora Ultra wto 45. The 2nd hand ultra version is close to the budget I said, but they are all still the 19mm wide version. The 23mm version is nowhere to be found, even brand new. Not sure if using wide tyre on them is Ok if I don't mind the aero panelty (we don't even ride that fast anyways)

Reserve 40/44 or similar: wide, but cannot find DT hub versions, the available ones are using zipp 176, and I cannot stand zipp's hub... period

Shimano: Dura Ace c50 is only for 12sp, but her bike is using 11sp ultegra... so no no.

Enve and cadex: hookless also, bruhhhh.

What other choices do I have?

jayjay

by jayjay

How about Nextie, Lightbicycle, Farsports?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com