MAXXIS High Road SL HYPR K2 ONE70

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
okx

by okx

Has any one tried them?
By weight looks like TT tyre, but still have some puncture protection...

https://r2-bike.com/MAXXIS-Tire-High-Ro ... R-K2-ONE70

jlok

by jlok

One of my favorite clinchers for the obvious weight saving, but I only use it at the front and pair it with the non-SL on the rear. Just enough tread width and very supple. Great wet grip. Don't roll exceptionally fast like GP5k tho.
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

da123

by da123

jlok wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:38 pm
One of my favorite clinchers for the obvious weight saving, but I only use it at the front and pair it with the non-SL on the rear. Just enough tread width and very supple. Great wet grip. Don't roll exceptionally fast like GP5k tho.
Largely agree with this. Great for the weight savings, but you don't get anything for free and it does roll slower (noticeably when riding) than the top performers, and puncture protection is patchy at best. I gave up on them in the end due to the amount of punctures. I also found them to be quite a noisy tire, which I suspect contributes to the sense that they aren't rolling as freely (even though that probably has nothing to do with the RR).

RDY

by RDY

You'd probably be better off trying the Agilest Light if you want a hillclimb tire, as the RR is likely to be much lower, even at 20-25kmh.

da123

by da123

RDY wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:02 pm
You'd probably be better off trying the Agilest Light if you want a hillclimb tire, as the RR is likely to be much lower, even at 20-25kmh.
I'm not sure that's right. The Agilest hasn't tested particularly well either (BRR has the standard one pretty average, and I doubt the Light will be materially quicker). There is a test of the HYPR SL on Aerocoach, where for a pair of wheels it tests 3.6w slower than a GP5000 clincher, so not appalling, but not that bad (and I suspect not much different to the Panaracer).

RDY

by RDY

da123 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:19 pm
RDY wrote:
I'm not sure that's right. The Agilest hasn't tested particularly well either (BRR has the standard one pretty average, and I doubt the Light will be materially quicker). There is a test of the HYPR SL on Aerocoach, where for a pair of wheels it tests 3.6w slower than a GP5000 clincher, so not appalling, but not that bad (and I suspect not much different to the Panaracer).
That's surprising re: the Aaerocoach test ... because other Maxxis road and gravel tires have been terrible. And their XC tires too ...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

da123

by da123

RDY wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:33 pm
da123 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:19 pm
RDY wrote:
That's surprising re: the Aaerocoach test ... because other Maxxis road and gravel tires have been terrible. And their XC tires too ...
Agreed - I can see the High Road TLR on Aerocoach tested at about 15w slower than the GP5000 clincher for a pair of tires - a bit eye watering... I guess the SL must have a different compound (in addition to having very little tread depth or puncture protection)