New Rovals?

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
chorus88

by chorus88

How the Roval Rapide CLX II Team are the Fastest Road Wheels we’ve ever made

"...limited to 1,500 worldwide.."
Untitled-wheelset.jpg
CREATOR STORY | How We Made the Roval Rapide CLX II Team Wheels
When Technology Becomes Emotion
2023 Tarmac SL7 Expert R8100 (90622-3352)

MarkMcM

by MarkMcM

ParisCarbon wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2024 4:42 pm
I have an in on a set of these... except I am switching to Campagnolo freehub... is there a particular dT swiss freehub I need?
The spec's say that these wheels use DT Ratchet EXP internals, which implies that they use Ratchet EXP freehubs. If so, then the the freehub can be swapped with a Campagnolo compatible DT Ratchet EXP freehub. I have done this conversion on the original CLX wheels, which also used Ratchet EXP internals/freehubs.

A word of warning however: There are two Campagnolo compatible Ratchet EXP freehubs - a traditional 10/11/12spd freehub, and an NXP freehub. However, there is a dimensional issue with the 10/11/12spd Ratchet EXP freehub when it is installed on a disc brake hub, which will offset the cassette about 1.5mm further inboard than standard. If a user never changes wheels, this isn't an issue, but if the user swaps between multiple wheels, then the rear derailleur indexing and limit stops will need to be adjusted when swapping wheels. In the worst case, if the derailleur is adjusted for the Ratchet EXP freehub and then a wheel with a standard cassette offset is swapped, it is possible that when shifting to the largest sprocket the derailleur may hit the spokes or the chain may fall off into the spokes.

Instead, I'd recommend using the Campagnolo NXP Ratchet freehub. This version of the Ratche EXP freehub has the correct, standard cassette offset, and the wheel will be interchangeable with other Campagnolo wheels without needed to adjust the derailleur. Campagnolo 10/11/12spd cassettes can be installed on an NXP freehub with an adapter (available from campagnolo).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

MarkMcM wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2024 3:29 pm
ParisCarbon wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2024 4:42 pm
I have an in on a set of these... except I am switching to Campagnolo freehub... is there a particular dT swiss freehub I need?
The spec's say that these wheels use DT Ratchet EXP internals, which implies that they use Ratchet EXP freehubs. If so, then the the freehub can be swapped with a Campagnolo compatible DT Ratchet EXP freehub. I have done this conversion on the original CLX wheels, which also used Ratchet EXP internals/freehubs.

A word of warning however: There are two Campagnolo compatible Ratchet EXP freehubs - a traditional 10/11/12spd freehub, and an NXP freehub. However, there is a dimensional issue with the 10/11/12spd Ratchet EXP freehub when it is installed on a disc brake hub, which will offset the cassette about 1.5mm further inboard than standard. If a user never changes wheels, this isn't an issue, but if the user swaps between multiple wheels, then the rear derailleur indexing and limit stops will need to be adjusted when swapping wheels. In the worst case, if the derailleur is adjusted for the Ratchet EXP freehub and then a wheel with a standard cassette offset is swapped, it is possible that when shifting to the largest sprocket the derailleur may hit the spokes or the chain may fall off into the spokes.

Instead, I'd recommend using the Campagnolo NXP Ratchet freehub. This version of the Ratche EXP freehub has the correct, standard cassette offset, and the wheel will be interchangeable with other Campagnolo wheels without needed to adjust the derailleur. Campagnolo 10/11/12spd cassettes can be installed on an NXP freehub with an adapter (available from campagnolo).
I alredy got the Campy EXP.. by NXP are you meaning the N3W EXP freehub body? My understanding was the Campagnolo N3W adapter was for Campagnolo branded freehib bodies... I was looking at the N3W model was told directly unless I had some crafty way of making the adapter fit, to get the regular body... I am just going to be using the one set of wheels on the bike though.. if I do need to swap wheels out, I will rezero offset the system.. thanks for the heads up!

cazual22

by cazual22

I have not had a chance to ride them yet, but I am interested if I feel any difference.ImageImage

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk