Rim Brake Shamal C17: Regular version vs 2Way Fit in 2024.

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
3Pio

by 3Pio

Im planing to stay on Rim Brakes as long as possible so beside my stock tubular wheelsets i have plan to get pair of Shamal C17 while they are still available and to use them in next many many years..

When i ride clinchers i definitely prefer regular tires and inner tubes (latex Vittoria), and also dont plan to use tubeless at all if i dont have to (please let's dont discuss about this)...

If im able to buy good non tubeless tires in the future then i'll definitely go with regular Shamals and no dilemma here.. But if in some near future only good tires are tubeless then thinking to buy 2Way Fit (again i dont plan to use them with tubeless setup if i dont have to).

So what do u think future will bring regarding this? Do u think good clincher non tubeless tires in 25mm will be still produced in next years? Or soon everything will be tubeless regarding good tires?

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

IMO there will be good clincher tires around as long as those Shamals will last. If you have doubts get yourself a supply of Michelin Power Cup clinchers in 28mm. I have a pair of Shamal Ultra C17, and I don't think there is a better alloy clincher. My only reservation today is the 17mm internal width. I would love to see a version with 19mm internal.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

Never cheer before you know who is winning

harblhat

by harblhat

I was in a similar situation when I bought my regular version C17 Shamals last year. With a 17mm internal width and an older low clearance frame, the high tubeless tire pressures I would need to run would make me nervous. I bought the regular Shamals and use them with 25mm tires and latex tubes and have zero plans to run them tubeless.

bobones

by bobones

Even if only tubeless tyres were available, you could still run them with tubes on non tubeless rims.

3Pio

by 3Pio

Thanks to everyone for replies.. More less is what i have as opinion as well, which for a moment i thought im maybe biased toward clinchers :) vs 2way fits...

So if i go with Shamals definitely will be regular clinchers and not 2way fit..

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com