Corsa Pro TLR vs Conti 5000 with TPU

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
hannawald

by hannawald

Hi,

I have 2 sets of tires to choose from. Vittoria Corsa Pro TLR 28 front/30 rear and Continental 5000 clincher 28/28 with TPU tubes.
Which one would you choose?

I prefer the look of Vittoria with tan walls but Conti with TPU are about 100g lighter and if I use tire insert it is 160g difference.
Rolling resistance is similar, I don´t have issues with Conti comfort. I am not used to tubeless on road, it is too much hassle, but it´s not a deciding factor for me.
I guess you must feel those extra 100/160g, it´s like the difference between using 40mm climbing wheels and 60mm aero wheels... my wheels are DT Swiss ARC 50, so not particularly light wheels.

Thanks!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bobones

by bobones

You could just use the Vittorias with tubes.

PeytonM

by PeytonM

I've run both. Currently on the Corsa pros with ride now tpu. There's not much in it. Both very good options. The Corsa 28 is smaller then the Conti 28 while the Corsa 30 is slightly larger.