Vittoria Corsa Pro Speed rolling resistance data

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
Wildh

by Wildh

xav wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:45 pm
Wildh wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:25 pm
I'm still very curious on what the loss is on say a 19mm internal rim 26.5 external running a 25 tire vs 28...as a whole system. Is it .05% greater drag...or 15%?

It'd be really interesting to see a an average of your info across 5 different wheels of similar widths and depths (with the same frame) and only changing the tire width.
Just as an example then, and in contrast to what I said earlier :D - here is a graph from our internal testing showing the difference between swapping between a 25mm and 28mm GP 5000 S TR on an AeroCoach AEOX Zephyr (78mm) front wheel and a Princeton 7580 (average 77.5mm). It's not loads, only a couple of watts at TT speeds.

25mm 28mm tyres.png
Thanks for the info! Very helpful. Similar to what Parcours sent to me when I asked them via email over the weekend. They stated 3-5w depending on rim depth based on their testing of 19/26mm wide rim.

What is the rim width of the wheel you have in this test?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

xav

by xav

Wildh wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:07 am
Thanks for the info! Very helpful. Similar to what Parcours sent to me when I asked them via email over the weekend. They stated 3-5w depending on rim depth based on their testing of 19/26mm wide rim.

What is the rim width of the wheel you have in this test?
No problem. A Zephyr is >31mm wide at the widest point, but as I say above I wouldn't use just that metric to determine optimal tyre choice

CampagYOLO

by CampagYOLO

BRR test is now on the website, fastest tyre they've ever tested:

https://www.bicyclerollingresistance.co ... -speed-tlr

Nickldn

by Nickldn

CampagYOLO wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:10 pm

Very impressive RR, almost unbelievable. Also puncture resistance not much below GP5000S TR, almost unbelievable.

JWTS

by JWTS

Nickldn wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:16 pm
Very impressive RR, almost unbelievable. Also puncture resistance not much below GP5000S TR, almost unbelievable.
IDK, if you compare it to a 28 5000S, puncture resistance is about 50% worse at the tread and 60% worse at the sidewall. That seems significant to me.

I mean, I've done stage races on VF Record tubulars (20's!) and managed it without a flat, so it can be done...but it's a bit of a deal with the devil. For a TT, no question I'd roll with it. The 5000S TT has a thicker tread by a good bit, and is probably better aerodynamically. It measures about 3W difference for a pair at realistic pressures. I still think for RR, it may be a better option. It'll be interesting to see how it holds up on the road. No question, the Crr is impressive.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Nickldn wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:16 pm
CampagYOLO wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:10 pm

34->25 is a big difference in puncture resistance. Pro One TTs scored 24 and I lost count of how many DynaPlugs I had to use on them. In contrast, I have no qualms about training on GP5K TT TRs.

Note the tread thickness also.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

I got ProOne TT's because I didn't believe THY.. lets just say I also lost count on dynaplugs before I just pulled them off and before my riding partners make me pay for their sealent stained kit.

but boy is that a fast tire... color me tempted
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

xfurio

by xfurio

Hi guys,

I just bought these new Corsa Pro Speed (24mm) to replace the VF Record clincher (23/25) that I had installed on my Titan/Aeox disc.

I had the "old" Corsa Speeds installed on my road bike and when I compared these new Corsas Pro Speed with the "old" Corsa Speed (and even the VF Record clincher), these new version is way stiffer. To be honest, the tire doesn't impressed me at all. The rubber itself has a hard plastic feel.

I'm wondering if I made a mistake by installing the Corsa Pro Speed rather than keep it simple with the VF Record...

Any thoughts on Corsa Pro Speed vs VF Record clincher?

toxin

by toxin

No, corsa pro speed should still be faster

xfurio

by xfurio

When I mentioned that the Vittoria Corsa Pro Speed feel a bit on the cheap is also because they carry a lot of small rubber tips on the surface
Captura de ecrã 2024-06-20, às 19.47.01.png

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

xfurio wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2024 7:48 pm
When I mentioned that the Vittoria Corsa Pro Speed feel a bit on the cheap is also because they carry a lot of small rubber tips on the surface Captura de ecrã 2024-06-20, às 19.47.01.png

The most expensive automotive and moto tires still come with mold sprues/ chicken strips. It has nothing to do with the quality of the manufacturing.

xfurio

by xfurio

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2024 10:11 pm
xfurio wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2024 7:48 pm
When I mentioned that the Vittoria Corsa Pro Speed feel a bit on the cheap is also because they carry a lot of small rubber tips on the surface Captura de ecrã 2024-06-20, às 19.47.01.png

The most expensive automotive and moto tires still come with mold sprues/ chicken strips. It has nothing to do with the quality of the manufacturing.
I'm not saying that you're wrong or I am right. I'm just comparing the feel of these Pro Speed vs VF Record or even the old Corsa Speed (which I have installed on my road bike for racing).

TriJoeri

by TriJoeri

xfurio wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:47 pm
Hi guys,

I just bought these new Corsa Pro Speed (24mm) to replace the VF Record clincher (23/25) that I had installed on my Titan/Aeox disc.

I had the "old" Corsa Speeds installed on my road bike and when I compared these new Corsas Pro Speed with the "old" Corsa Speed (and even the VF Record clincher), these new version is way stiffer. To be honest, the tire doesn't impressed me at all. The rubber itself has a hard plastic feel.

I'm wondering if I made a mistake by installing the Corsa Pro Speed rather than keep it simple with the VF Record...

How do you like the VF Record vs Corsa Speed?

I'm looking into getting new tires for my TT bike. I rode 23mm Michelin Power Cup Clinchers with latex tubes and want something faster, but the very low puncture resistance score of the Corsa Pro Speed makes me nervous a bit.. Ofcourse in a TT, speed matters the most but I don't want to flat easily when doing TTs on public roads..

mrlobber

by mrlobber

I've run the Pro Speeds this season on my TT bike (front as tubeless 3spoke, rear disc with latex), 4 TTs, the rest - training, so far, they've held up fine after 500km. I'm starting to suspect they might be more durable than the stats say, as was the case with previous Speeds, of which I have the front tyre done 5000+ km, and still running fine - and I'm definitely not the lightest guy around @ 75kg.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

xfurio

by xfurio

TriJoeri wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2024 6:59 am
xfurio wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:47 pm
Hi guys,

How do you like the VF Record vs Corsa Speed?

I'm looking into getting new tires for my TT bike. I rode 23mm Michelin Power Cup Clinchers with latex tubes and want something faster, but the very low puncture resistance score of the Corsa Pro Speed makes me nervous a bit.. Ofcourse in a TT, speed matters the most but I don't want to flat easily when doing TTs on public roads..
The VF Record feels completely different from anything else. They're incredibly light and soft (clincher version). BRR's data says that the Pro Speed is a couple of watts faster so I decided to give them a try this weekend at the nationals.

The Corsa Speed is a great tire for a Crit race or Granfondos set up as tubeless.