Vittoria Corsa Pro Speed rolling resistance data

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
Wildh

by Wildh

xav wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:45 pm
Wildh wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:25 pm
I'm still very curious on what the loss is on say a 19mm internal rim 26.5 external running a 25 tire vs 28...as a whole system. Is it .05% greater drag...or 15%?

It'd be really interesting to see a an average of your info across 5 different wheels of similar widths and depths (with the same frame) and only changing the tire width.
Just as an example then, and in contrast to what I said earlier :D - here is a graph from our internal testing showing the difference between swapping between a 25mm and 28mm GP 5000 S TR on an AeroCoach AEOX Zephyr (78mm) front wheel and a Princeton 7580 (average 77.5mm). It's not loads, only a couple of watts at TT speeds.

25mm 28mm tyres.png
Thanks for the info! Very helpful. Similar to what Parcours sent to me when I asked them via email over the weekend. They stated 3-5w depending on rim depth based on their testing of 19/26mm wide rim.

What is the rim width of the wheel you have in this test?

xav

by xav

Wildh wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:07 am
Thanks for the info! Very helpful. Similar to what Parcours sent to me when I asked them via email over the weekend. They stated 3-5w depending on rim depth based on their testing of 19/26mm wide rim.

What is the rim width of the wheel you have in this test?
No problem. A Zephyr is >31mm wide at the widest point, but as I say above I wouldn't use just that metric to determine optimal tyre choice

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CampagYOLO

by CampagYOLO

BRR test is now on the website, fastest tyre they've ever tested:

https://www.bicyclerollingresistance.co ... -speed-tlr

Nickldn

by Nickldn

CampagYOLO wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:10 pm

Very impressive RR, almost unbelievable. Also puncture resistance not much below GP5000S TR, almost unbelievable.

JWTS

by JWTS

Nickldn wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:16 pm
Very impressive RR, almost unbelievable. Also puncture resistance not much below GP5000S TR, almost unbelievable.
IDK, if you compare it to a 28 5000S, puncture resistance is about 50% worse at the tread and 60% worse at the sidewall. That seems significant to me.

I mean, I've done stage races on VF Record tubulars (20's!) and managed it without a flat, so it can be done...but it's a bit of a deal with the devil. For a TT, no question I'd roll with it. The 5000S TT has a thicker tread by a good bit, and is probably better aerodynamically. It measures about 3W difference for a pair at realistic pressures. I still think for RR, it may be a better option. It'll be interesting to see how it holds up on the road. No question, the Crr is impressive.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Nickldn wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:16 pm
CampagYOLO wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:10 pm

34->25 is a big difference in puncture resistance. Pro One TTs scored 24 and I lost count of how many DynaPlugs I had to use on them. In contrast, I have no qualms about training on GP5K TT TRs.

Note the tread thickness also.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

I got ProOne TT's because I didn't believe THY.. lets just say I also lost count on dynaplugs before I just pulled them off and before my riding partners make me pay for their sealent stained kit.

but boy is that a fast tire... color me tempted
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault