Anyone on Mavic Cosmic SLRs 45s???

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
ClydesDale

by ClydesDale

Looking at these - as well as Fulcrum Speeds (42/57) and Reserves (either 40/44 or 52/63) for my Look 785/Campy build. Looking for all rounders that are versatile yet can climb...The new Boras are way out of my price range. Want to stay hooked/tubeless. With my size, I'm pushing the psi/bar limits of hookless...So these are what my current options are. I could go Chinese as well, but would prefer not to at the moment...

Thanks for any/all input....

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

hannawald

by hannawald

I was considering it but decided against buying 19mm internal width rims. I am sure they will update it and then start to say it is so much better with wider rims...Reserves are just the opposite - pretty wide rims but quite heavy. Chinese have by far the best specs on paper. But I would also like to avoid this way. Just haven´t found anything appealing if I want hooked and non chinese:( DT Swiss ARC 50 1100 are quite expensive, win aero tests but are also couple of years old and optimised for 25C tires (narrow at 20mm internal width), Dura Ace C50 were very flexy in tour mag tests and its Ultegra brother was the slowest wheelset in some test, the same flexiness problem with Vision Metron SL 45... Currently on Bontrager RSL51 which is a great wheelset - 23mm internal width rims make my Conti 28C 31mm real width, great aero, cross wind stability, weight under 1500g but it just doesn´t match my Cannondale brand wise... chinese have some appealing options - Craft wheels might be a bit fragile at 100kg weight limit incl. the bike, but Farsports have great modern wheels with carbon spokes, Magene EXAR Ultra etc... hopefully some next generation western wheels will come, with some 23mm internal width rims similar to Fulcrum, Campy, Bontragers ...

ridenfish39

by ridenfish39

I really like my Reynolds Black label 46. Hooked rims and around 1400 grams.