Latex tubes in larger tires in 2024

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
LouisN

by LouisN

Looking for the most wanted, best, etc...latex tubes nowadays.
A decade ago, Vredestein had many good reviews, but they seem to be something of the past.
Now for larger tires and rims, increased tire volume, need for valve extensions, etc., what brands, models and tube sizes are common sense in 2024 ?
Thanks for the help :beerchug: .

Louis :)

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

I doubt anything is much better than Vittoria. I have used their 25-28's in 30mm tires with excellent results. They also make 30-38's though I've never handled those. I've also added Orange Seal to them to slow air loss, but you have to keep them inflated or the tubes could glue themselves closed.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tiz92

by tiz92

Vittoria is the way to go. They make the tubes for several tire widths.

gshb

by gshb

Mr.Gib wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:30 am
I doubt anything is much better than Vittoria. I have used their 25-28's in 30mm tires with excellent results. They also make 30-38's though I've never handled those. I've also added Orange Seal to them to slow air loss, but you have to keep them inflated or the tubes could glue themselves closed.
Curious if sealant inside latex tube would also help seal minor punctures? How much sealant do you add?

I have only used Vittoria latex 25-28 in 28mm GP5000 clinchers and have to say they are quite resilient. I once had a screw puncture a GP5000 clincher but the latex tube never punctured and held air.

nickf

by nickf

I have been using Vittoria latex tubes for years now, they have been great. Set and forget. No seam or valve failures yet