What tyres fit well on Shimano C24 TL wheels?

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
satanas

by satanas

A while ago I acquired a set of these wheels via eBay, thinking they were the CL (clincher) version, which are a tad lighter, and have a few other differences. The TL rims are IMHO tight AF to fit tyres on, and I'm wondering if there are any tyres known to be easily possible to fit and remove. (Warning: Do not attemot to fit Grand Bois 28mm clinchers to these rims!)

The rims are i15mm, narrow by currrent standards, and Shimano say to use 23-28mm tyres, but ETRTO tables I've seen suggest i15 is good for up to 32mm. So, I'm wondering if I might get away with nominally 30mm tyres which might *just* clear. I'm light and wouldn't be using high pressures so I doubt the slight increase in hoop stress from a 2mm wider tyre would imperil the rim's structural integrity.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com