Fast real-world tubeless tyre recommendations

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
CampagYOLO

by CampagYOLO

mikehhhhhhh wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:26 am
CFrancis515 wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:05 pm
Lately I've been running the GP5000S TT on my road bikes and havnt noticed any durability difference between them and the standard STR, they are a bit lighter and faster as well! If you can find them online for the right price they are worth running!
These look like they have potential. According to BRR, same tread puncture resistance as the STR, lower sidewall but no lower than the Corsa Pro. 3w and 30g total saving for a little less sidwall protection seems worth while assuming you don't do any improvised gravel :D

Lower static grip though :(
Thinner centre tread will mean a shorter life which is to be expected from a TT tyre.

I recall a recent podcast (I think it was Geek Warning) mentioning that Ineos exclusively used the GP TT on the TDF last year and didn't report a single puncture. It wouldn't hugely surprise me though if they were fitting new tyres for each stage mind.

mikehhhhhhh

by mikehhhhhhh

CampagYOLO wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:49 am
mikehhhhhhh wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:26 am
CFrancis515 wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:05 pm
Lately I've been running the GP5000S TT on my road bikes and havnt noticed any durability difference between them and the standard STR, they are a bit lighter and faster as well! If you can find them online for the right price they are worth running!
These look like they have potential. According to BRR, same tread puncture resistance as the STR, lower sidewall but no lower than the Corsa Pro. 3w and 30g total saving for a little less sidwall protection seems worth while assuming you don't do any improvised gravel :D

Lower static grip though :(
Thinner centre tread will mean a shorter life which is to be expected from a TT tyre.

I recall a recent podcast (I think it was Geek Warning) mentioning that Ineos exclusively used the GP TT on the TDF last year and didn't report a single puncture. It wouldn't hugely surprise me though if they were fitting new tyres for each stage mind.
Yeah, 0.2mm or 10% thinner tread at the centre. That wouldn't bother me, I seem to get fed up with holes weaping and drying out my tubeless sealant and replace tyres long before I physically wear one out

Although, since replying, I've come to the conclusion that I'd prefer the slightly higher grip from the STR.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nohands83

by Nohands83

Another vote for Conti's AS for winter/training and TR S for summer. Prefer the feel of Vittoria's but I've always punctured with them, I've not tried the new version but in my experience, BRR puncture results don't tell the whole story. FWIW I'm in Yorkshire and are roads even shitty (Lived in London for 5 years)