New ENVE's Hub - Innerdrive System

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
LouisN

by LouisN

Time will tell...
I remember a decade ago I bought the "best design" ever for a rear hub, it was the Alchemy ORC-UL rear hub, wich had a huge DS bearing.
I still ride my DT Swiss 240 replacement and it still runs perfectly :) .

Louis :)

audiojan

by audiojan

CJosephB wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:15 pm
In my excitement I may have missed it but did anybody see/read if the ENVE Innerdrive Hubs are made of 7075 or 6061?
Do you really think that matters? Yes 7075 has twice the TRS of 6061 (assuming both in T6), but mechanically, the geometry of the hub matters MUCH more than the material.
"Suddenly the thought struck me; my floor is someone elses ceiling" - Nils Ferlin

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CJosephB

by CJosephB

audiojan wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:11 pm
CJosephB wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:15 pm
In my excitement I may have missed it but did anybody see/read if the ENVE Innerdrive Hubs are made of 7075 or 6061?
Do you really think that matters? Yes 7075 has twice the TRS of 6061 (assuming both in T6), but mechanically, the geometry of the hub matters MUCH more than the material.
I do not know, just curious. Nothing more, nothing less.

***Not an engineer of any kind nor an internet engineer*** (Sarcasm - hope it's taken as such)

mfa81

by mfa81

bilbobogeins wrote:I have been using these hubs for about 2k miles. They are paired to 4.5 ses wheels. The second ride a spoke broke on the front wheel where the spoke enters the wheel. And at about 300 miles the rear wheel lost tension. I have road them in all conditions and very heavy rain. As well as 30mph winds with gusts up to 50 and I felt relatively in control. The hub's performance has been great and i like the free hub sound. They have not missed a beat fast engagement and no maintenance. The wheels and hubs are much better than the 454 nsws i also have imo. The weight is very close as well. I will say the spoke failure happened when i has riding in Nice and I could not find replacements anywhere.
Got some 4.5 for a new build but haven’t had a chance to ride yet, I break spokes a lot on a mtn m630 but my ag25 have been good ~300mi, hope I have better luck with my spokes on the 4.5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

LouisN wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:17 am
Time will tell...
I remember a decade ago I bought the "best design" ever for a rear hub, it was the Alchemy ORC-UL rear hub, wich had a huge DS bearing.
I still ride my DT Swiss 240 replacement and it still runs perfectly :) .

Louis :)
I had a few of those too and they served me very well until I grew out of the wheels that were built around them.