Zipp NSW Cognition V2 Hub on Reserve 52/63 Wheels?

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
Replenish

by Replenish

Hi everyone.

I have a set of Reserve 52/63 wheels that I really love. It comes stock with the Zipp ZR1 Hub.

I have a spare Zipp 454 NSW with the Gen 2 Cognition Hub lying around so I decided to swap the hubs.

Sent it to my local wheel builder and for the NSW V2 Hubs installed on my Reserve wheels, since the lacing pattern and spokes are the same and can be re-used.

Was just wondering did i did the right thing and will there be any noticeable performance gain from this?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Replenish

by Replenish

Edit : Or would it be counter productive?

The Reserve Wheels do comes with DT240 and DT180 option so I'm guessing the wheels are not specifically designed to fit only one particular hub.

tonytourist

by tonytourist

I don't think there's much to be gained there, I would rather have a straight pull DT 180/240 than the V2s on my 454s and almost went that route when I was having problems with my rear wheel that were addressed with a replacement.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

I hated the internal design of the Cognition V1 with all of its magnets. The V2 gets rid of the magnets and uses a “foam spring” to engage the ratchet, which also leads to durability questions…