Help: Corima 32 MCC WS+ does anyone have any info on this set?

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
Bikelangelo

by Bikelangelo

I am having trouble finding anything concrete about this set online. Someone is selling just the rear wheel at a great price. I'm curious if there are many fakes of this model or if I'm just lucky to come across this guy?

He broke the front wheel in a crash and is selling this with the spare parts from the front, just for the sake of it.

I'm trying to find anyone who has experience with this exact model and if it's as good as they claim.
Last edited by Bikelangelo on Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nikospeed

by nikospeed

I'd doubt that anyone would invest the efforts t fake Corima MCC wheels. They build them in-house in France and it's a very specific process.
You didn't state if the wheel is for rim or disc brake. If rim brake, the MCC 32WS+ is tubular, not for clincher - in case this hasn't been communicated...also make sure it's really the WS rim (26mm outer width) and not the older S rim (22mm). Also the serial number sticker is under the clearcoat, in case of doubt ask the seller for a pic.
Performance: I can only comment from MCC 47WS+ perspective but I LOVE these wheels on my Huez! As stiff as you can get without being harsh (with 25mm Michelins) and very responsive at the same time.

Hope this helps

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BikeEatSleepRepeat

by BikeEatSleepRepeat

nikospeed wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:35 pm
Performance: I can only comment from MCC 47WS+ perspective but I LOVE these wheels on my Huez! As stiff as you can get without being harsh (with 25mm Michelins) and very responsive at the same time.
Would be interested in hearing more about your experience with the 47 WS wheelset, Niko.

I've got a pair that came with my new 795 RS, but I outfitted the bike with a pair of Bontrager RSL 51's (1410g) and Michelin Power Cup 25's thinking the added internal width and 130g lower weight vs. the Corima's would suit me better.

Lately, I even been looking at the carbon spoked CRW 40/45 (1180g), or similar Elite Drive's... thinking I need to go light as possible and stiffer.

I don't dislike the Bontrager's, they are aero as can be but I do feel they lack punch on climbs.

I'm accustomed to ENVE 3.4's on a 785 Huez for the last 4 years, for reference.

I suppose I should try the Corima 47's, but it's jumping to 1540g's plus then they are used. I was thinking of selling them off new before, but now you've got me thinking maybe I'd be better to optimize WW aspects everywhere but the wheels?
Last edited by BikeEatSleepRepeat on Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BikeEatSleepRepeat

by BikeEatSleepRepeat

duplicate

nikospeed

by nikospeed

Sounds as if UR on disc brakes, right?
Can't comment on those as I am on rim brake still where the MCCs are in the low 1400g range. If I was on disc, I'd have tried the CRW (or comparable LB/FS) carbon spoked wheels for sure.
But climbing punch is exactly what I love about the MCCs, I am not a climber at all but MCC on Huez makes me smile frequently when I get out of the saddle 😁
Wrt stiffness - did a hilly 120k race in spring, hit a massive pothole 5km into the race. Surprised not getting a flat I finished the race (incl some 15% climbs and 70kph descends) eventually.
When cleaning the bike some days later I noticed that 2 spokes were broken at the rim - the wheel ran still perfectly true! I didn't notice a thing during the race...