Best winter tires for ENVE hookless wheels?

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
tepextate

by tepextate

Hey y'all,

I'm looking for a winter tire to pair with my ENVE 3.4 (hookless variant). My bike (an SL8) can take up to 32mm tires and I think I'd like to use all of that clearance!

ENVE compatibility chart looks pretty limited in terms of winter tires. For those of you rocking ENVE wheels, what are you using for winter?

The GP 5000 AS isn't on their list, but Conti claims they're hookless compatible. Looks like a pretty option for the winter. Anybody know if these are good to go?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

tepextate wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:19 pm
Hey y'all,

I'm looking for a winter tire to pair with my ENVE 3.4 (hookless variant). My bike (an SL8) can take up to 32mm tires and I think I'd like to use all of that clearance!

ENVE compatibility chart looks pretty limited in terms of winter tires. For those of you rocking ENVE wheels, what are you using for winter?

The GP 5000 AS isn't on their list, but Conti claims they're hookless compatible. Looks like a pretty option for the winter. Anybody know if these are good to go?

Presumably Conti uses the same bead dimensions for the AS TR as the S TR. I would feel pretty confident in putting 30mm and 32mm AS TRs on SES 3.4s...I'd probably even be fine with 28s.

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

I use the Corsa N.EXT TLR G2.0 . They work really well with Enve Rims.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
3T Exploro - Bastion - Baum - Colnago - Cielo - English Cycles - Enve - Festka - ISEN - Standert - Open - Pegoretti - Pinarello - Specialized - Sturdy - Stinner - Spoon - Speedvagen - Vanilla Classic - Parlee

Strava
Instagram

eins4eins

by eins4eins

I assume the new Tufo comtura prima tr will be a good fit as well, as they manufacture the Enve labeled tires also.

JayDee81

by JayDee81

Schwalbe Winter is probably the only real choice for winter riding. Most manufacturers don't do spiked tires at all and this is the only one from Schwalbe line that is made this narrow. I don't think it would work with a hookless rim though.

pushpush

by pushpush

I ran Schwalbe Pro One TLE 28s all last winter on my enve 4.5 wheelset. Not the fastest tires available but I found them confidence inspiring in less than ideal conditions.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

pushpush wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:52 pm
I ran Schwalbe Pro One TLE 28s all last winter on my enve 4.5 wheelset. Not the fastest tires available but I found them confidence inspiring in less than ideal conditions.
I ran the 30s no issue
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault