Searching for very light 650b Carbon Rims

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
hund22

by hund22

Hello,

Are there still 650b carbon clincher rims in the 250g class? Internal width around 25mm. For gravel riding.

I found some for 29". Unfortunately nothing for 27.5 yet.

Thank you for tips.
Greetings
Marc

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

285g. for the flyweight version. I'm using them for both front and rear on my gravel wheelset. The wheelset came out to 1118g. with DT Swiss 240 hubs.

https://www.lightbicycle.com/XC725-asym ... s-mtb.html

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

hund22

by hund22

thank you, but I already know that. I would like to come out with carbon spokes and extralite hubs at a maximum of 900g. At 29" it is already possible. Then it should be even easier with smaller rims and shorter spokes.

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

The only way to save some weight is to go narrower. 270g in flyweight version.

https://www.lightbicycle.com/XC-650B-mo ... tible.html

Jasonlelam

by Jasonlelam

hund22 wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:15 am
thank you, but I already know that. I would like to come out with carbon spokes and extralite hubs at a maximum of 900g. At 29" it is already possible. Then it should be even easier with smaller rims and shorter spokes.
For gravel or tougher routes, carbon spokes would not be a good idea IMO. For <1000g gravel wheelset, Light Bicycle rim + extralite hub + Berd rope spokes is a way out. Drop LB for a simple ask.