Help identify DT Swiss wheels

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
steveadore

by steveadore

I have 2 pairs of ER 1400 DICUT db21 wheels, which I like very much, but I would prefer to use a cheaper wheelset as a winter training tire. A friend of mine is selling a very similar wheelset for a good price, which he took off a bike he bought 2 years ago. I am thinking of buying them, but I need some help as I cannot find any information about them online.
They are ER 1600 DICUT db21 wheels, which I find rather confusing because I thought that only the 1400 series were DICUT, while the 1600 series were SPLINE.
The only difference I can see between my wheels (ER 1400 DICUT) and these ER 1600 DICUT is that mine have 240 hubs, while the other set has 350 hubs. But are the rims the exact same RR421 (welded, with 20mm internal width and asymmetrical valve holes)?
I know that the more widespread ER 1600 SPLINE db 23 wheels have sleeved rims instead of welded ones (as the ER 1400 DICUT db21), but I'm really confused by the ER 1600 DICUT db 21. Does anyone know these wheels?

steveadore

by steveadore

Apparently it's an OEM hybrid with hubs (350) from the 1600 series and rims from the 1400 series. Thread can be closed

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com