Leaking Enve 2.3 valves

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
B0tt0mline

by B0tt0mline

tmanley wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:34 am
Did the problem ultimately get fixed? I’m dealing with something very similar with my 3.4’s. Front is holding great, rear is leaky around the valve stem. I’m trying a different stem (can’t remember the brand) and will see if it holds better overnight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My fix: when not riding store the bike with the valves down, then all perfect ;)
Colnago C68- Enve SES 4.5
S-Works Aethos - Enve SES 2.3
Open MIN.D - Enve SES AR 4.5
Mosaic GT2-45 - Enve SES AR 3.4
Open WI.DE - no money for Enve

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

B0tt0mline

by B0tt0mline

It still leaks, these enve 2.3 just have a shape with does not work with the standard valve nut...

Had it now at 2 bike shops again, they could not solve it either.
Colnago C68- Enve SES 4.5
S-Works Aethos - Enve SES 2.3
Open MIN.D - Enve SES AR 4.5
Mosaic GT2-45 - Enve SES AR 3.4
Open WI.DE - no money for Enve

CarlosFerreiro

by CarlosFerreiro

Not sure what folk will make of this, but I've been fitting my valves through a small rectangle offcut of inner tube, thinking that's turning any leaking areas into long thin sections the sealant should deal with better.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

The included vavles are a super tight fit in the hole, make sure they go all the way down. As for the nut on the outside of the rim use the pressure release ones from enve.... they work.

the muc-off vavles I had were not a good fit, the channel was too small for them.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

tmanley

by tmanley

On two of my other Enve wheelsets I tried some different things which have worked out well for me.

First, I bit the bullet and double wrapped my wheels with Muc-off tape. This has worked really well so far.

Second, I switched to Muc-off valves and used the larger conical shaped grommet - this worked way better than the standard Enve valves.

With these two changes both wheelsets have been rock solid. No leaks through the valves and minimal pressure loss from day to day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk