ELITEWHEELS SLT GRAVEL RD12

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
sOKRATEs100

by sOKRATEs100

Hi,

I have got the ELITEWHEELS SLT GRAVEL RD12. It seems so that the freewheel won't stay in place due to not being fixed with a nut or so itself. Is this possible?

20230717_212436.jpg

All my 5-6 wheelsets had a nut which holds the freewheel with the cassette mounted in place when I am pulling on the cassette without the wheel mounted inbetween the frame. The seller told me that I shall install the wheel inbetween the frame and thus it should hold.

Sounds strange to me.

Any experiences with Elitewheels? I have bought "ELITEWHEELS 1165g Ultralight Road Bike Carbon Wheelset Tubular Tubeless Clincher Rims BITEX Straight Pull Or J -bend Hub Cycling" in the past and there this "problem" didn't occure.

Many thanks,
Dennis
Last edited by sOKRATEs100 on Tue Jul 18, 2023 12:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Spinnekop

by Spinnekop

Most DT swiss hubs and I know Zipp hubs works like this.
"In my experience, there is only one motivation, and that is DESIRE.
No reason or principle contain it or stand against it........"

sOKRATEs100

by sOKRATEs100

Ok, thanks a lot.

Never saw a wheelset where I was able to take away a freewheel without having to release a nut or something like upfront.

sOKRATEs100

by sOKRATEs100

One more question.

When trying to install the front wheel into the frame I have to bend the frame outwarts a bit in order to get the wheel inbetween the frame. The other wheelsets I have used so far didn't had this problem.

I did measure 103.5mm vs. 99.5mm from NOVATEC Hub I own since already a longer time.

Thoughs? Is it dangerous to ride the wheel when the carbon fork is a bit under tension?

Many thanks,
Dennis
Attachments
20230726_180826.jpg
20230726_180610.jpg

Aesch

by Aesch

Sounds wrong. Possibly wrong end cap or bearings not seated fully?

sOKRATEs100

by sOKRATEs100

Intermixed the end caps. So, fixed the problem, 👍😀

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com