Craft Racing wheels - carbon spokes 1180g

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

Both you guys have great looking builds and cockpits.
Never cheer before you know who is winning

andy4g63

by andy4g63

@Joe from China cycling:

Joe can you confirm the bearing size for front and rear hubs, number on the bearings, etc.

I think you mentioned a while back, that you could make a video on how to service/grease hubs, which DT Swiss internals fit and so on...
Thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

da123

by da123

andy4g63 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 1:46 pm
@Joe from China cycling:

Joe can you confirm the bearing size for front and rear hubs, number on the bearings, etc.

I think you mentioned a while back, that you could make a video on how to service/grease hubs, which DT Swiss internals fit and so on...
Thanks
Seconded. It would be very useful to know the bearing information please, even without the video. I for one like to have a spare set of wheel bearings to hand. They don't last forever no matter how good they are IME. Cheers, Dave

Vuong05

by Vuong05

rdhb wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 2:23 pm
My Supersix with the 6575s 🚀
Those 65/75 deep combo looks amazing. Any feedback on how they ride and feel? Hopefully you get an opportunity to try them on a windy day as well.

Cheers.
Current Stable. Evo (Storm Trooper) : 5.39kg | Alchemy Eros : Heavy (7.25kg) I Specialized Allez Sprint 2022 : Heavy (7.62kg)

ChinaCycling

by ChinaCycling

da123 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 5:51 pm
andy4g63 wrote:
@Joe from China cycling:

Thanks
Seconded. It would be very useful to know the bearing information please, even without the video. I for one like to have a spare set of wheel bearings to hand. They don't last forever no matter how good they are IME. Cheers, Dave
The freehub body uses 2* 6802. The rest of the hubs use 6902. (So a total of 2* 6802 and 4* 6902)

da123

by da123

ChinaCycling wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 2:12 am
da123 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 5:51 pm
andy4g63 wrote:
@Joe from China cycling:

Thanks
The freehub body uses 2* 6802. The rest of the hubs use 6902. (So a total of 2* 6802 and 4* 6902)
Fantastic, thanks Joe.

AM7Jeremy

by AM7Jeremy

rdhb wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 2:23 pm
My Supersix with the 6575s 🚀
What size frameset?

DCSSCC

by DCSSCC

A few pages ago I was looking for feedback from people who have long term (> 10,000km) experience with the wheels.

I ended up ordering a pair of the 5055s and they arrived a few days ago. I'm yet to ride them as I still need to trim the ISP on my new Propel, but can confirm the following:

- Ordering and shipping process was very smooth. 12 days from order to arrival in Sydney.

- No import taxes or GST payable on arrival to Australia.

- weight was spot on, 1254g including rim tape

- quality looks good and the wheels look 🔥. They look much better on the Propel than the OEM Cadex wheels (I did not want hookless)

I'll provide updates and pics after a few weeks of riding, and again after a few thousand km's.

LRB23

by LRB23

Hi CRW owners, I’m trying to decide whether to build a deeper set of Far Sports wheels (I currently own a set of 40mm 24INT/30EXT) or go for the CRW’s (60mm range).

I’ve been following Joe for a couple of years now and I’m confident in his customer support and dedication to the product. Does anyone have direct comparison with Far Sport and CRW? By the numbers a Far Sport build will be cheaper and probably lighter but there seems to be a lot of hyper around the CRW’s and the aero feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hannawald

by hannawald

I have a similar dilemma. Looking for a carbon spoked all rounder. As I am not racing it is just for fun and it should support wider tires - 28C or 30C. So something with 32-34mm external width and around 23mm ID is ideal.
If I look at Farsports they have their EVO series which is twice the price Wheelsfar/RD270 wheels. They offer modern 5mm wide carbon spokes vs 3.8mm wide spokes on the cheaper series. But their rim profile on EVO series is only 28/21 so not the most modern. I asked them about the difference from the riders perspective - weight, aero, stiffness, comfort but they just kept saying EVO is better but RD270 is also good and very popular.
CRW wheelset has the wide spokes and use fewer of them so they claim that due to this they are more aero and mostly more comfortable. They seem to be among the best available but if you can feel the difference vs cheaper but still very light and with modern rim profile Farsports I don´t know.
There is a new generation of Elite wheels (Elite Helix) and Winspace Hyper, they also use wider spokes but they seem to be much heavier than CRW and Farsports and they raised the price so it is now at the CRW level which doesn´t seem good in comparison (CRW have lower weight limit).

Agent041

by Agent041

hannawald wrote:
Thu May 30, 2024 10:17 am
I have a similar dilemma. Looking for a carbon spoked all rounder. As I am not racing it is just for fun and it should support wider tires - 28C or 30C. So something with 32-34mm external width and around 23mm ID is ideal.
If I look at Farsports they have their EVO series which is twice the price Wheelsfar/RD270 wheels. They offer modern 5mm wide carbon spokes vs 3.8mm wide spokes on the cheaper series. But their rim profile on EVO series is only 28/21 so not the most modern. I asked them about the difference from the riders perspective - weight, aero, stiffness, comfort but they just kept saying EVO is better but RD270 is also good and very popular.
CRW wheelset has the wide spokes and use fewer of them so they claim that due to this they are more aero and mostly more comfortable. They seem to be among the best available but if you can feel the difference vs cheaper but still very light and with modern rim profile Farsports I don´t know.
There is a new generation of Elite wheels (Elite Helix) and Winspace Hyper, they also use wider spokes but they seem to be much heavier than CRW and Farsports and they raised the price so it is now at the CRW level which doesn´t seem good in comparison (CRW have lower weight limit).
Can answer some of the asked question. I have experiance with both Farsport Ventoux EVO4 and then later Farsport Hyper carbon spoke. Firstly I had Ventoux EVO4. great wheels. notthing bad to say about them. Then looking for secondary wheels, and went with the Farsport Wave 35/30 series with carbon spokes and RD360 (custom setup) for half the price. I was so pleased with them regarding lightness feel, responsivness, and comfort, that I sold the EVO4, and bought another wheel from Wheelsfar. Farsport Hyper carbon spoke, 40mm, 24int./30ext., and must say, I absolutely love them. And now will probably go for even deeper set (50 or 58).

So what is the difference? Hypers are more comfortable, more responsive (although EVO4 are also responsive), both are very stable in winds, and the stifness is about the same. At least for me it feels the same. And I do around 1.200watts. 1.000 for 15sec. And have 80kg. I do 20% short steep hills all the time, every ride +2k climbing. I did not notice the differance in stifness. Have even test it in short steep hill with no wind and about same power. So if you are racing at higher level (top amateurs) go for the EVO4, but otherwise I would go for Farsport Hypers. And you save a lot of money.

by 208

Agent041 wrote:
Thu May 30, 2024 11:07 am
hannawald wrote:
Thu May 30, 2024 10:17 am
Can answer some of the asked question. I have experiance with both Farsport Ventoux EVO4 and then later Farsport Hyper carbon spoke. Firstly I had Ventoux EVO4. great wheels. notthing bad to say about them. Then looking for secondary wheels, and went with the Farsport Wave 35/30 series with carbon spokes and RD360 (custom setup) for half the price. I was so pleased with them regarding lightness feel, responsivness, and comfort, that I sold the EVO4, and bought another wheel from Wheelsfar. Farsport Hyper carbon spoke, 40mm, 24int./30ext., and must say, I absolutely love them. And now will probably go for even deeper set (50 or 58).

So what is the difference? Hypers are more comfortable, more responsive (although EVO4 are also responsive), both are very stable in winds, and the stifness is about the same. At least for me it feels the same. And I do around 1.200watts. 1.000 for 15sec. And have 80kg. I do 20% short steep hills all the time, every ride +2k climbing. I did not notice the differance in stifness. Have even test it in short steep hill with no wind and about same power. So if you are racing at higher level (top amateurs) go for the EVO4, but otherwise I would go for Farsport Hypers. And you save a lot of money.
Excellent detailed account. Thank you for this.

patliean1

by patliean1

Cross post from the SL8 thread.

CRW CS5060s
Attachments
Tarmac_SL8-1.jpg

teakay

by teakay

Nickldn wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 8:36 pm
teakay wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 7:28 pm
patliean1 wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:20 pm
Don't remember if I ever uploaded a photo of my 5060s, but here we are. I've also ran these on my Giant Propel and they freaking fly.
What tyres did you run on the Propel as I am guessing a 28 blows out pretty close to the clearance limits.
If you use Conti GP5000S TR 28mm the front blows up to 31mm and the rear to 30mm.

If that's too wide for the Propel then these just may be the wrong wheels.
Currently I have a SystemSix but think the tyre clearance is similar to the Propel. I have some Parcours wheels which blow out a 28gp5k to around 30mm. Have been looking at some 50-60mm wheel choices for 28mm tyres. The low spoke count looks interesting aero wise.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LRB23

by LRB23

patliean1 wrote:Cross post from the SL8 thread.

CRW CS5060s
That looks so fresh!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk