Craft Racing wheels - carbon spokes 1180g

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
ChinaCycling

by ChinaCycling

da123 wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 3:46 pm

🙄 If Joe can confirm that 14 December falls within a timescale of when bearings had issues then it is clearly possible to provide a 'window', even if the dates are not absolutely definitive. I'm trying to plan ahead - it's not an unreasonable request - and noting Joe's exemplary record in responding to concerns expressed on the forum, I'm sure a general idea can be provided. I should make it clear that as my bearings seem fine at the moment, I'm not trying to extract a free set of bearings from CRW / PP, I will happily buy my own spare set as with the best will in the world, bearings don't last forever.
Can't give a window because some models that got sent out in December were maybe sitting in the warehouse since October, etc, etc. We can check when the wheel was built from your PP order number... But it's super simple, if you have any problem; come find us. Ride your bike, have fun, enjoy the wheels.
wheelbuilder wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 6:18 pm
I hope this guy Joe is making huge profit in his business, as having to deal with these forum posts has to be trying his nerves and patience.
Chapeau so far Joe.
Hahaha... No Ferrari in the driveway yet, but I sleep pretty well at night knowing we're running an honest business that takes care of our customers.
bmrk wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 8:25 pm
His ability to endure this interactions and proximity with the savvy community is one of the reasons his business will continue to thrive.
I really don't mind. WW are 90% a good bunch. I just don't like the 10% who have no intention of ever buying anything from us, but continue to bring up "what ifs" in this thread or generally talking out their 🍑 .

da123

by da123

ChinaCycling wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 2:02 am
da123 wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 3:46 pm

🙄 If Joe can confirm that 14 December falls within a timescale of when bearings had issues then it is clearly possible to provide a 'window', even if the dates are not absolutely definitive. I'm trying to plan ahead - it's not an unreasonable request - and noting Joe's exemplary record in responding to concerns expressed on the forum, I'm sure a general idea can be provided. I should make it clear that as my bearings seem fine at the moment, I'm not trying to extract a free set of bearings from CRW / PP, I will happily buy my own spare set as with the best will in the world, bearings don't last forever.
Can't give a window because some models that got sent out in December were maybe sitting in the warehouse since October, etc, etc. We can check when the wheel was built from your PP order number... But it's super simple, if you have any problem; come find us. Ride your bike, have fun, enjoy the wheels.
wheelbuilder wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 6:18 pm
I hope this guy Joe is making huge profit in his business, as having to deal with these forum posts has to be trying his nerves and patience.
Chapeau so far Joe.
Hahaha... No Ferrari in the driveway yet, but I sleep pretty well at night knowing we're running an honest business that takes care of our customers.
bmrk wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 8:25 pm
His ability to endure this interactions and proximity with the savvy community is one of the reasons his business will continue to thrive.
I really don't mind. WW are 90% a good bunch. I just don't like the 10% who have no intention of ever buying anything from us, but continue to bring up "what ifs" in this thread or generally talking out their 🍑 .
Thanks Joe.

Are you able to confirm the bearing size for the hub bearings? Are they the same as in DT Swiss 240s, which I think are 6902 (28x15x7)? I try to keep spare bearings for all my wheels, so I just want to have a spare set for the CRWs. Thanks, Dave

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ytse

by Ytse

Gang, does anyone here have actual customer care experience with Pandapodium / CRW? I'm really tempted to get a pair of wheels, but what happens if anything goes south? I mean shippig a faulty wheel from EU back to China to get it warrantied can take a long time + effort + admin + money and at this kind of pricepoint, customer care is pretty important part of the equation.
2020 Scott Addict RC / 2023 Specialized Tarmac SL8

spartan

by spartan

Panda's customer service is A+.

i contacted them about my CRW50/60 that I recieved in Sept. My wheels are not effected by the bearing issues.

i do not ride in the rain but if i am going to do some grand fondo's I can not predict weather conditions.
Ytse wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 9:52 am
Gang, does anyone here have actual customer care experience with Pandapodium / CRW? I'm really tempted to get a pair of wheels, but what happens if anything goes south? I mean shippig a faulty wheel from EU back to China to get it warrantied can take a long time + effort + admin + money and at this kind of pricepoint, customer care is pretty important part of the equation.
Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

EtoDemerzel

by EtoDemerzel

Ytse wrote:
At this pricepoint, I don't know what else PP or CRW could do. They literally are commenting and supporting the product on an open forum 61 pages deep. They have responded to issues in real time for all to read. They offer cs directly to customers and have an open approach to solve problems.

If you are so worried about a hypothetical issue that deep, and dealing with it is that big an issue, just buy a brand your local shop carries. You want to drop off and not deal with any potential issues, than any type of direct sales is not for you.
There are tradeoffs to everything.

CustomMetal

by CustomMetal

Ytse wrote:
I've bought from PP. Service is next level. Joe is a gent and looks after his customers. You are his priority, not his vendors. If only we had more people like Joe in the west
Allegra- Steel Lugs TBC
Alya- Ti Climbing TBC
Bertha- TT 9.8kg
Matilda - Ti/Carbon Race TBC
Perdita- Ti Turbo bike 8kg
Serenity- Ti Gravel 9.5kg/8.9kg
Verity- Ti Aero 8.2kg

All weights with pedals,cages & garmin mount

pushpush

by pushpush

Ytse wrote:
Yes. Many of us have experience with PP. As far as I know, those experiences are 100% positive.

cooper58

by cooper58

ChinaCycling wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 4:40 am
mikerthebiker wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 8:53 pm
So excited to try these bad boys out. Can't thank Panda Podium enough for the customer service. I initially ordered the 5055s on April 14th, then changed my mind the next day. I eventually settled on the 5060s with the gold lettering (to match my white/gold bike), which I made the final confirmation on April 18th. They were 3-5 days out from production, and were shipped out on April 24th. I received them on April 29th (to Utah), which was a crazy turn-around time. They look great, I set them up tubeless with GP 5000 S TR 28mm on both rims. They measure inflated at 30mm on the front rim and 28.2mm on the back. Once I get them on my bike, I'll submit a pic and my first ride impressions.
That's great to hear. We're always a little nervous when things are out of our control (Once we ship them..) but good to hear they got there so fast! Looking forward to the pics and ride impression! :) :)

When ordering the CRW wheels from Panda Podium to the US did you get charged any additional duties/fees on the order?

ChinaCycling

by ChinaCycling

Thanks for the positive comments above. Love you fam. 🙌

bcarvalho

by bcarvalho

Ytse wrote:
Up untill now my experience is really positive.
Received a faulty front wheel (out of dish and miss alignment over 1mm verified by LBS). Panda Podium took around 1 week for a response but as far as I know they were busy at Shanghai bike show. Solution: they will send me a new front wheel and after I'll ship them back the faulty wheel and I won't have to support shipping costs (I'm just waiting for their confirmation of the package of the new front wheel). To be honest I think I'll have to wait another 2 more weeks untill I have the wheel in my hands (shipping time) but if you sum it all up: around 1 month problem that had a fast reply time which for me seems ok.
For comparison I have a friend that opened a warranty clame for a back hub of roval CLX 2 and was without wheel for 2 motnhs.

1700 euros for a wheelset is a lot but taking into consideration their customer support and eventual performance of the wheels (haven't tested them at my sl8 I'm waiting for the new wheel) I think it's ok. And for your consideration I could easily get a pair of CLX 2 for 2k euros, but I thought, they are heavy and outdated. At my eyes CRW wheels are a new generation and I'm really looking forward to test them!

In the end yes, you can trust your money in the products Joe sells at panda. As far as I know his business model is based:
1. Customer service
2. Chinese products with the same or better quality as western brands that in the end are also manufactured at the same factory but have product development teams around the globe.

teakay

by teakay

patliean1 wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:20 pm
Don't remember if I ever uploaded a photo of my 5060s, but here we are. I've also ran these on my Giant Propel and they freaking fly.
What tyres did you run on the Propel as I am guessing a 28 blows out pretty close to the clearance limits.

Nickldn

by Nickldn

teakay wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 7:28 pm
patliean1 wrote:
Don't remember if I ever uploaded a photo of my 5060s, but here we are. I've also ran these on my Giant Propel and they freaking fly.
What tyres did you run on the Propel as I am guessing a 28 blows out pretty close to the clearance limits.
If you use Conti GP5000S TR 28mm the front blows up to 31mm and the rear to 30mm.

If that's too wide for the Propel then these just may be the wrong wheels.
Giant Propel Advanced SL Red Etap 11s Easton EC90 wheels CeramicSpeed BB Zipp SL70 bars 6.5kg

S-Works SL8 Dune White SRAM Red AXS Craft CS5060 wheels Roval Rapide bars 6.6kg

patliean1

by patliean1

teakay wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 7:28 pm
patliean1 wrote:
The fork has plenty of clearance. I also run Magene Ultra wheels on my Propel which are 23mm internal front and rear. Plumps the 28c tires to 30mm at the rim. I even used 30c tires which stretch to 31mm and was able to fit them at the back no problem.

rdhb

by rdhb

My Supersix with the 6575s 🚀
Attachments
IMG_1990.jpeg
IMG_1993.jpeg
IMG_1994.jpeg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ubers