Craft Racing wheels - carbon spokes 1180g

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
rockb

by rockb

After 993km in good weather, the bearings in my front wheel (CRW5060) are running very rough. No corrison though as others have reported. Anyway, thats interesting, never had to replace bearings that early. So I would say QC could be better in that regard. I mailed Panda Podium, and I'm sure they will be supportive.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spartan

by spartan

if their was a bad batch of bearings used on their wheelsets should panda podium contact the effected customer who purchased the wheelsets.

wtf are the customers having to contact the seller to check if their wheels were effected ? not a good look chinacycling
Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

pushpush

by pushpush

I experienced the bad bearings. PP were super responsive and mailed a full replacement set. Given the opportunity, I chose to install different bearings from a reputable source. While the replacements are probably fine, I didn't want to risk doing this again in a few months.

rockb

by rockb

pushpush wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 5:11 pm
I experienced the bad bearings. PP were super responsive and mailed a full replacement set. Given the opportunity, I chose to install different bearings from a reputable source. While the replacements are probably fine, I didn't want to risk doing this again in a few months.
What bearings you got? NTN?

Jaisen

by Jaisen

Hopefully you guys don't have the issue recur and it is only a single bad batch of bearings. Keep us posted with a follow up if the problem recurs, it could well be there is an issue with the preload causing premature bearing wear.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

price point is too high for shitty bearings or caps that dont fit right...hard pass
maybe gen2 when they figure it out
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

ChinaCycling

by ChinaCycling

rockb wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 11:43 am
After 993km in good weather, the bearings in my front wheel (CRW5060) are running very rough. No corrison though as others have reported. Anyway, thats interesting, never had to replace bearings that early. So I would say QC could be better in that regard. I mailed Panda Podium, and I'm sure they will be supportive.
I think Tom will deal with your case via email, he'll be able to trace your wheel's history from your order number, including the bearings.

ChinaCycling

by ChinaCycling

rockb wrote:
Just checked who you are (Mr G. I assume.) Your wheels 'birthday' in the CRW system is the 14th of December, which is during the time of the affected batch. (There's no set date to say exactly which date from and to, as different models were using different hubs, etc.) Tom will be in touch to send you a set of S&S bearings. (The ones before February are mostly TTN... not all the TTN had issues, but they let CRW down, so CRW switched to S&S in Feb.) Any other issues reach us via email, as its only ocassionally I come here.

da123

by da123

ChinaCycling wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 3:02 pm
rockb wrote:
Just checked who you are (Mr G. I assume.) Your wheels 'birthday' in the CRW system is the 14th of December, which is during the time of the affected batch. (There's no set date to say exactly which date from and to, as different models were using different hubs, etc.) Tom will be in touch to send you a set of S&S bearings. (The ones before February are mostly TTN... not all the TTN had issues, but they let CRW down, so CRW switched to S&S in Feb.) Any other issues reach us via email, as its only ocassionally I come here.
Hi Joe.

Can you confirm what the window is for the bearings that had issues please? The bearings on both my 5060s and 4045s seem fine so far, but I don't have that many miles on them (approx 500 on the 5060s and 350 on the 4045s), and I'd like to have a contingency ready to go immediately if they do suffer the same problems. With this in mind as well, can you confirm what the bearing dimensions are please? Cheers, Dave

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

he just said there is no set date..?

this is one of the small or maybe large issues with some chinese mfg's.. they dont keep as good as records as other companies might be required too.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2023 Pivot E-Vault

da123

by da123

spdntrxi wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 3:38 pm
he just said there is no set date..?

this is one of the small or maybe large issues with some chinese mfg's.. they dont keep as good as records as other companies might be required too.
🙄 If Joe can confirm that 14 December falls within a timescale of when bearings had issues then it is clearly possible to provide a 'window', even if the dates are not absolutely definitive. I'm trying to plan ahead - it's not an unreasonable request - and noting Joe's exemplary record in responding to concerns expressed on the forum, I'm sure a general idea can be provided. I should make it clear that as my bearings seem fine at the moment, I'm not trying to extract a free set of bearings from CRW / PP, I will happily buy my own spare set as with the best will in the world, bearings don't last forever.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

absolutely agree it's not unreasonable.... just different hub mfg so no set date as stated/ relayed from pandapodium. I think they should just send you all new bearings is good for customer service.... anyone who complains anyways since they cannot pin down the dates
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2023 Pivot E-Vault

rockb

by rockb

ChinaCycling wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 3:02 pm
rockb wrote:
Thanks, appreciate that!

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

I hope this guy Joe is making huge profit in his business, as having to deal with these forum posts has to be trying his nerves and patience.
Chapeau so far Joe.
Never cheer before you know who is winning

bmrk

by bmrk

wheelbuilder wrote:I hope this guy Joe is making huge profit in his business, as having to deal with these forum posts has to be trying his nerves and patience.
Chapeau so far Joe.
His ability to endure this interactions and proximity with the savvy community is one of the reasons his business will continue to thrive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com