Craft Racing wheels - carbon spokes 1180g

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
CamW

by CamW

Is the wheel centred with the tire deflated?

bcarvalho

by bcarvalho

ChinaCycling wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 3:04 am
bcarvalho wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 4:06 pm
ChinaCycling wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 4:40 am
mikerthebiker wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 8:53 pm
So excited to try these bad boys out. Can't thank Panda Podium enough for the customer service. I initially ordered the 5055s on April 14th, then changed my mind the next day. I eventually settled on the 5060s with the gold lettering (to match my white/gold bike), which I made the final confirmation on April 18th. They were 3-5 days out from production, and were shipped out on April 24th. I received them on April 29th (to Utah), which was a crazy turn-around time. They look great, I set them up tubeless with GP 5000 S TR 28mm on both rims. They measure inflated at 30mm on the front rim and 28.2mm on the back. Once I get them on my bike, I'll submit a pic and my first ride impressions.
That's great to hear. We're always a little nervous when things are out of our control (Once we ship them..) but good to hear they got there so fast! Looking forward to the pics and ride impression! :) :)
Hello all and Joe,

I just built an S-Works SL8 last Tuesday at my LBS and went for the CRW5055. Buying and getting support from Tom from Panda Podium was smooth. I only have to complain about delivery time to Portugal, around 4 weeks, but it was free shipping so no big deal.

I haven't rode the wheels yet once while doing the build at my LBS we saw that the front wheel is not centered (pictures below). Initially we tough it could be some defect of the fork and we checked with a different front wheel (roval CLX 2), in this case the wheel was centered so it lead us to think the problem was from the wheel.

We checked the wheel and it was a bit off true. But worst is the fact that it is not dished correctly, this being it will never be perfectly centered to the fork.
Anyone has this problem?
In the meantime i already contacted Panda Podium but still no answear.
For curiosity, if we flip the wheel (disc side to drive side) the wheel stays perfectly centered which leads me to believe that it was dished the opposite way.

My LBS doesn't want to take the responsibility dishing the wheel. They say carbon spokes will be really tricky and since it's a new wheel they don't want to possibly break it. I understand that.

Regarding the back wheel is perfectly true and dished. No complains.

Would appreciate your fast support since I would love to test the SL8 with this wheels!

Thanks
Hey, as someone said, we're on holiday, so nobody manning the emails for 3 days... The boss of CRW actually just screenshotted this to me, but he's on the plane to Shanghai (Shanghai bike show) and he said he'll look more closely when he lands. But, they QC the dish of the wheels to 0.5mm, so he's scratching his head. Its worth pulling off the end caps and putting them back in to make sure they''re seated properly. Sometimes they get pulled half-out when removing packaging, etc. Also make sure the two end caps are teh right way around... If i remember correctly, they're assymetrical. Anyway, hold tight, and we'll get you sorted out. I doubt it's a major issue...
Hey!
Thanks for the support.
I didn't know about the holiday in china.

I have just checked. End caps are placed as they should be (larger one in length to the disc side). I also checked and they are perfectly seated as well as the bearings.

Regarding the dish my LBS checked with the jig and there is a deviation that leads to the wheel not being centered at the fork. Regarding trueness there is also a deviation of 1 mm and actually you can see it while the wheel is rotating. The same checkup was performed at the back wheel and everything was perfect.

Alright I'll wait and I'm really looking forward to ride this wheels!! I waited a lot and I'll wait a bit more :D

Thanks again Joe

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bcarvalho

by bcarvalho

eins4eins wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 6:13 am
take a look at the Tarmac thread in the road section. Not centered front wheels are a hot topic in there right now. This problem might be fork and not wheels related.
Hey.
It's not the fork. Even though I initially thought it could be. And I've posted at that thread :D
We checked with different front wheels (roval CLX 2) and it was centered.

bcarvalho

by bcarvalho

CamW wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 12:18 pm
Is the wheel centred with the tire deflated?
Nope. Still out of center. We checked the wheel with the jig for dish checking and the wheel is off

ChinaCycling

by ChinaCycling

bcarvalho wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 12:42 pm
ChinaCycling wrote:
bcarvalho wrote:
ChinaCycling wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 4:40 am

That's great to hear. We're always a little nervous when things are out of our control (Once we ship them..) but good to hear they got there so fast! Looking forward to the pics and ride impression! :) :)
Hello all and Joe,

I just built an S-Works SL8 last Tuesday at my LBS and went for the CRW5055. Buying and getting support from Tom from Panda Podium was smooth. I only have to complain about delivery time to Portugal, around 4 weeks, but it was free shipping so no big deal.

I haven't rode the wheels yet once while doing the build at my LBS we saw that the front wheel is not centered (pictures below). Initially we tough it could be some defect of the fork and we checked with a different front wheel (roval CLX 2), in this case the wheel was centered so it lead us to think the problem was from the wheel.

We checked the wheel and it was a bit off true. But worst is the fact that it is not dished correctly, this being it will never be perfectly centered to the fork.
Anyone has this problem?
For curiosity, if we flip the wheel (disc side to drive side) the wheel stays perfectly centered which leads me to believe that it was dished the opposite way.

My LBS doesn't want to take the responsibility dishing the wheel. They say carbon spokes will be really tricky and since it's a new wheel they don't want to possibly break it. I understand that.

Would appreciate your fast support since I would love to test the SL8 with this wheels!

Thanks
Hey, as someone said, we're on holiday, so nobody manning the emails for 3 days... The boss of CRW actually just screenshotted this to me, but he's on the plane to Shanghai (Shanghai bike show) and he said he'll look more closely when he lands. But, they QC the dish of the wheels to 0.5mm, so he's scratching his head. Its worth pulling off the end caps and putting them back in to make sure they''re seated properly. Sometimes they get pulled half-out when removing packaging, etc. Also make sure the two end caps are teh right way around... If i remember correctly, they're assymetrical. Anyway, hold tight, and we'll get you sorted out. I doubt it's a major issue...
Hey!
Thanks for the support.

I have just checked. End caps are placed as they should be (larger one in length to the disc side). I also checked and they are perfectly seated as well as the bearings.

Regarding the dish my LBS checked with the jig and there is a deviation that leads to the wheel not being centered at the fork. Regarding trueness there is also a deviation of 1 mm and actually you can see it while the wheel is rotating. The same checkup was performed at the back wheel and everything was perfect.

Alright I'll wait and I'm really looking forward to ride this wheels!! I waited a lot and I'll wait a bit more :D

Thanks again Joe
Very odd... was the box in tact? Anyway, my team and CRW will be on it ASAP. No idea what happened with this one, will share an update with everyone once we get to the bottom of it. Again, a little slow because everyone is in or on the way to Shanghai, but, we'll get it done.

sundayrider101

by sundayrider101

I've just recently received my CRW5060 together with other stuffs (and freebies :beerchug: ) from Panda Podium..I'm impressed and super excited to try these new wheels! I think it's gonna be perfect match for my upcoming semi-aero build. I can't wait to ride these bad boys..Just a bit of a bummer though with the handlebar, the last piece I need to complete the bike.

Hi Joe, when you or your team have time.. would you mind looking at the concerned/feedback I raised for another Panda Podium offered product under the Road section, Farsports F1 Integrated Handlebar/Stem thread please..sorry to bug you on this...
Attachments
CRW5060.jpg
CRW5060_Hayate.jpg

bcarvalho

by bcarvalho

ChinaCycling wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 1:15 pm
bcarvalho wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 12:42 pm
ChinaCycling wrote:
bcarvalho wrote:

Hello all and Joe,

Anyone has this problem?

Thanks
Hey!
Thanks for the support.

Thanks again Joe
Very odd... was the box in tact? Anyway, my team and CRW will be on it ASAP. No idea what happened with this one, will share an update with everyone once we get to the bottom of it. Again, a little slow because everyone is in or on the way to Shanghai, but, we'll get it done.
The box seemed ok. Only one corner of it was slightly dented but I don't think it was enough to damage the wheels. I just took a few pictures of it.
Alright alright thanks for your support!
Attachments
IMG20240503141147.jpg
IMG20240503141133.jpg

shorttcuteddy

by shorttcuteddy

I,m having a lot of play at the rearwheel. Did some 3000 Km with it. My lbs opened it and all the bearings including the body bearings were rusted and totally written off
Offcourse i mailed panda but that does not make my bike rinding today.
130€ later it was fixed with quality ceramicspeed bearings. One thing noticed there was no lubricant or whatever to keep atleast some water away from the bearings.
Hoping that panda will atleast send me proper quality bearings.
So when you get your wheels new. Check them for some water repellent lubricant
Everything else the wheelset is great.

Well the white decal set should be one sticker and not for every letter a single sticker. That will not hold I can tell you. That can be much better.

Nickldn

by Nickldn

shorttcuteddy wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 6:29 pm
I,m having a lot of play at the rearwheel. Did some 3000 Km with it. My lbs opened it and all the bearings including the body bearings were rusted and totally written off
130€ later it was fixed with quality ceramicspeed bearings. One thing noticed there was no lubricant or whatever to keep atleast some water away from the bearings.
I put some grease under all 4 caps on mine. Unfortunately I don't think the sealing is a good as it could be so best to keep an eye on this.
Giant Propel Advanced SL Red Etap 11s Easton EC90 wheels CeramicSpeed BB Zipp SL70 bars 6.5kg

S-Works SL8 Dune White SRAM Red AXS Craft CS5060 wheels Roval Rapide bars 6.6kg

toxin

by toxin

There was a bad batch of bearings from the bearing factory, seems like you were one of the unlucky ones. They were giving replacements if you got in contact.

ChinaCycling

by ChinaCycling

shorttcuteddy wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 6:29 pm
Everything else the wheelset is great.

Well the white decal set should be one sticker and not for every letter a single sticker. That will not hold I can tell you. That can be much better.
We're in our Shanghai AirBnB going through emails one by one... will get to yours. They'll be able to find your hub serial number from your order number (we keep a record of them all) and I assume it was one of the affected batch and we'll send you out the superior bearings we're using now. Give us a day or two to get on top of things. :beerchug:

ChinaCycling

by ChinaCycling

sundayrider101 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 2:04 pm
I've just recently received my CRW5060 together with other stuffs (and freebies :beerchug: ) from Panda Podium..I'm impressed and super excited to try these new wheels! I think it's gonna be perfect match for my upcoming semi-aero build. I can't wait to ride these bad boys..Just a bit of a bummer though with the handlebar, the last piece I need to complete the bike.

Hi Joe, when you or your team have time.. would you mind looking at the concerned/feedback I raised for another Panda Podium offered product under the Road section, Farsports F1 Integrated Handlebar/Stem thread please..sorry to bug you on this...
Hey, where did you raise the issue? If it was the weight weenies thread, there's a good chance we'll miss it... always send us an email, we'll get back to you. Looks like it's gonna be a sick build. Again, a bit slow with emails these days... we'll get there tho!

sundayrider101

by sundayrider101

Hi Joe.. I finally got a reply from Tom today, he said I will be getting the F1X handlebar fresh out of the factory and just need to be painted so will have to wait until next week for shipment. Not something on stock that has a wrong finish and needs to be reprocessed or refinished by manufacturer as he originally mentioned the last time we chatted in Panda site.

Perhaps just miscommunication.. I think we're good now! I'm just hoping there will be no further delays for my item.

I do appreciate your time and effort looking into these concerns despite being away/busy. Thanks a lot :beerchug:

mikerthebiker

by mikerthebiker

Final product: I'm in love
Attachments
1000139723.jpg

ChinaCycling

by ChinaCycling

mikerthebiker wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 9:45 pm
Final product: I'm in love
NGL, looks hawt.

by Weenie