Schwalbe Pro One TT

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
sfo423

by sfo423

I bought a few of these in a 28 on a vg deal. Rode them at ~60# and they were great. Nice road feel. I did a bit research and Schwalbe says 70kg 'max load' and minimum of 70psi.

Well, I am over the max (160#) and prefer to be under the min psi (I did ride yesterday at 70psi and I prefer the low 60s').

Q: are these specs for warranty, 'preferred' or purely for Spanish climbers? Schwalbe also had language on 'must use' Doc Blue tire sealant and ride immediately after filling. I did neither and have not noticed any negative effects on loss of pressure.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

The 28mm tire has a recommended pressure range of 55-95psi. The maximum load figure is per tire at max rated pressure. So in a situation with 50/50 weight balance, at 95psi a two 28mm Pro One TTs would support 140kg worth of rider+bike+gear.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

I used these breifly... love them as well but super flate prone. Buddy of mine had the same issues. I'm 80kg and used ~65psi, no issues others then flats. All sealed but orange seal is expensive. :)
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

I had more than a dozen punctures on a pair of Pro One TTs in 9 weeks before I gave up on them. More fragile than Corsa Speeds…

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 2:45 pm
I had more than a dozen punctures on a pair of Pro One TTs in 9 weeks before I gave up on them. More fragile than Corsa Speeds…
yeah you warned me :thumbup:
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

sfo423

by sfo423

I had the Pro One before and it was prone to easy cuts, but the ride was great. I swore them off. But, @ $33/tire I could not resist and bought three of these.

I do not expect a lot of mileage and now that we are in dry(er) weather, hopefully I'll get lucky on the flats.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com