LB AR25 rims for all road biking

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
Pyotrump

by Pyotrump

AR25 rims (I asked for a fortified version. Each rim is 30g heavier than the original. 60g added in total.)
ID 24mm OD 29.2mm
paired with BItex 312hubs

: 1124g

R: Conti gp5K 25c clincher
F: Corsa speed G+ 2.0 25c tubeless

F: 18g sealant and 7g valve (There's no access hole so no need for tape)
R: Ridenow TPU 30g

Miscellaneous items..

Total: 2007g... oopsy slightly heavier than 2Kg..

Feels super nimble. At first I was so worried about its max pressure limit (28c 70psi, 25c 75psi) but all my worries were for the naught..

25c tires are 29.2~29.4mm when inflated @65psi

Ytse

by Ytse

Is it safe to ride 25c tyres on a rim with 24mm ID?
2020 Scott Addict RC / 2021 Trek Emonda SLR / 2023 Specialized Tarmac SL8

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Aeo

by Aeo

These rims have a "mini-hook", so it's safer than on hookless rims, but I would say don't do it
Giant TCR Adv Pro Disc '17 · BH Lynx Race Evo '19 · Seraph GR029 '21 · Canyon Inflite AL '14

Pyotrump

by Pyotrump

Ytse wrote:
Sun May 21, 2023 8:30 am
Is it safe to ride 25c tyres on a rim with 24mm ID?
I think it is not... but LB said 25c is compatible with their product and there's no other option but to trust their words haha..
Last edited by Pyotrump on Mon May 22, 2023 4:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Pyotrump

by Pyotrump

Aeo wrote:
Sun May 21, 2023 10:59 pm
These rims have a "mini-hook", so it's safer than on hookless rims, but I would say don't do it
Yes indeed.. I know that it is risky but can not help but choose 25c for weightweeniesm. I just get relieved by the fact that those rubbers are slightly fatter (29.2~29.5mm) than the rim (29.2)

kode54

by kode54

Aeo wrote:
Sun May 21, 2023 10:59 pm
Yes...its a hybrid hook/hookless design. I think this is a nice inbetween for those that are concerned about hookless and tires blowing out.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

gshb

by gshb

Just curious why you use clincher for rear and tubeless for front? I did ask LB if clincher can be used on AR25 with mini hook (or hybrid hook) and they said yes, despite GP5k saying on the tire itself it must mount to hooked rims.

Pyotrump

by Pyotrump

gshb wrote:Just curious why you use clincher for rear and tubeless for front? I did ask LB if clincher can be used on AR25 with mini hook (or hybrid hook) and they said yes, despite GP5k saying on the tire itself it must mount to hooked rims.
There's no specific reason. That was just because I have them..

At first, I mounted pro one tl laying around but found that was leaky so swapped it with 5k, which was also laying around in my house.

나의 SM-G977N 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

eucalyptus

by eucalyptus

Fortified version in this case means reinforced rims? Are they reinforced over the regular rims or just standard rims and you did not choose flyweight option? Interesting what your body weight is hence the fortified rims.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Pyotrump

by Pyotrump

eucalyptus wrote:Fortified version in this case means reinforced rims? Are they reinforced over the regular rims or just standard rims and you did not choose flyweight option? Interesting what your body weight is hence the fortified rims.
There' no "Flyweight" option for AR25, IMO LB provides those rims with flyweight option as default. I asked for a fortified (in other cases like ar 45 "Default" option) version and LB asked back "how much fortification are you looking for?"
Then I said that I am a 80+kg rider and going to use the wheelset at harsh gravel course. Lb suggested 30g addional carbon layup.

나의 SM-G977N 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄