SwissSide wheels Damaged or bad QC?

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
HBE

by HBE

I've been riding SwissSide Hadron2 Ultimate 625 wheel for about 630Km purchased last month.
Today while wiping the road dust off the wheels I noticed little dot like holes and very shalow and thin cavities on the driveside only rear wheel.
I attached them here.
(Edit)
Never had a flat tyre, or ridden in gravel or offraod 73kg Rider
Attachments
IMG_1637.JPG
IMG_1645.JPG
Last edited by HBE on Mon May 15, 2023 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

polpy

by polpy

I guess thats normal with carbon wheels. My Farsports have that, same as 2 pairs of ENVE and one pair of DT.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

it's nothing
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

I had that kind of porosity all the way around the edge of one ENVE rim and they offered to replace it under warranty. Strangely in my case it they only appeared after several rides.

abonjour

by abonjour

That's just a little porosity in the resin that is perfectly normal for carbon, especially on a tight detail such as the tip of a rim hook where is difficult for the resin to flow during cure. So nothing to worry about at all and not affecting any of the structural laminate. Only be worried at cracks, or something that's absolutely riddled with porosity

Every single set of carbon wheels (or any carbon component for that matter) will have something similar, anything that doesn't has had the porosity cosmetically filled/painted over, which also could be the reason it only appears after some riding (the comparatively weak filler/paint comes off easier)